luv the hat but where is it from?

In Military and Wartime > Military Hats and Caps > Show & Tell.
Military Hats and Caps51 of 112WWII German Navy Officers visorRussian Military Hat

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
hulalady56hulalady56 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
rhinomanrhinoman loves this.
chevy59chevy59 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.

Posted 1 year ago

toyznlaw
(1 item)

I recently purchased this item as it looked like a cavalry hat which I thought was really cool. The seller purchased it in Chicago but that was all he could tell me about it. Can anyone tell me about the hat by the hat badge (#117). The inside of the hat is in excellent condition and has the makers mark of Feldman Bros in Chicago. Can any one shed some light on this item and perhaps give me a ballpark value. Many thanks Christine

Comments

1. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    Definetly a Cavalry Stetson Hat. The Army 117 Cavlary unit is in New Jersey now. Feldman Brother's Uniforms was in business in the 1930's-40's. The Owner died around 1962. They made all kinds of uniforms.

2. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    You may want to contact the 117th Cavalry and ask them about it. The insignia is very interesting and is an old one.

3. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    The insignia is interesting and suggests Thanksgiving. The lady with the cornucopia, the 'Squanto-type' Indian, the eagle the US shield (that looks like it has 19 stars?) and the wheat sheaf. But the Capitol building is too new for then! I can't tell what the Indian has in his hands - a treaty?
  4. Militarist Militarist, 1 year ago
    The Hat badge is Chicago Police Dept.
  5. toyznlaw, 1 year ago
    Thanks to all. I think I will have to continue in my research with cavalry and the Chicago police. Although cavalry says its police, so I'll start there. Thanks again and any other suggestions are always welcome.
    Cheers
    Christine
  6. LanceG LanceG, 12 months ago
    The current Chicago police hat badge has a ship on the left. The only ones I have seen that match yours are from the the 1930s to 1950s. http://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-1930s-stock-chicago-area-chief-of-police-hat-badge-/161113553452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25831dba2c