Victorian mother of pearl brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Pins and Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Pins and Brooc…277 of 758WELLS STERLING - Pin & Screw-back Earring SetUnmarked Costume Pin

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m likes this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Newtimes

My memory is getting worse by the minute! I cant remember exactly when or where I got this brooch!
(Sometimes I m glad I can still remember my name) LOL
I do remember it came from a flea market and I paid almost nothing for it.
Its one of the first mother of pearl pieces I have ever found.
The guilding has been lost for a big part, but you can still see the decorations. I love the fact the decorations are part of the edge.
I hope you enjoy it too.

Comments

1. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Thanks vetraio50 for the love
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Very sweet pin! I love the decorations along edges too. So pretty.

Is it hot and steamy in June in Belgium and Hungary? I'm taking a trip w/my boyfriend to Hungary. Just found out yesterday - I can take 15 days off (that's ALL the vacation I have after working for my company 13 years - isn't it sad??) Anyway - that's our reality. I'm so excited!
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Thanks valentino97, moonstonelover, freiheit, toolate2, Phildavid and vetraio50 for the love
  4. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Valentino97.
    July and august can be great. June could be good also, although you always have to expect some rain and it never really gets 'hot and steamy' here in Belgium :-)))
    Never mind the 15 days off, its soooo good for you that you can go to Hungary! Congratulations!

5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thanks - I need to take this vacation out of ....my world. I was surprised my employer allowed all 3 weeks in one trip. The last big trip was to China in 2007 - But - it is going to happen. And I am very excited!