14 k gold blackamoor pin

In Fine Jewelry > Art Deco Fine Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Fine Jewelry194 of 303Art Nouveau Dragon Fly BroochVintage Deco Citrine Cushion Cut Filigree 835 Silver Gold Gilt Pendant Germany

auraaura loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.

Newtimes

This is my 100th posting on C W, so I had to show something special.
When I saw Agram m post her blackamoor pin with earrings some time ago here on CW I really loved it. I have always had a soft spot for blackamoor objects. They seem not really political correct nowadays but they are a thing from the past. And as a thing of the past I really appreciate them.
So when I saw this nice 14K gold blackamoor pin for sale some time ago, I didn't hesitate and I bought it. It was a birthday present for myself.
Its small, about 5cm in total and on the back it has a stamp: 'GM'.
I guess its from the twenties or thirties. Venice is famous for its blackamoor jewelry.
I hope you enjoy it!
Does anybody know what the GM-stamp means?
Thanks a lot!

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 3 years ago
    Happy century, Newtimes! I've loved them all!
  2. Newtimes Newtimes, 3 years ago
    Thanks a lot for your intrest in all of my jewelry vetraio, it makes me want to share even more of it. :-)
    Thanks mustangtony for the love.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 3 years ago
    Very beautiful Newtimes, as mine, stunning!
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 3 years ago
    The the similarity is fascinating!
  5. Newtimes Newtimes, 3 years ago
    Thanks Agram for your love and for showing your beautiful jewelry to us!
  6. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 3 years ago
    BEAUTIFUL 100th pin! Congrats on your pinnings!!!!
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    Happy 100th!!!! You have so many great jewels to share - thank you!
  8. Newtimes Newtimes, 3 years ago
    valentino thanks for loving so much of my jewely. It makes me want to show even more of it
  9. VanityLove VanityLove, 14 days ago
    Hi newtimes
    There is a country in croatia where these blackamoors have a history, the country is called Rijeka. You can find its history on the internet. And seeing hoe croatia is the land of the tie (cravate, croate, ...) this tie pin can easily have its roots there. Nowadays these pins are still made over there however in cheap materials, yours has a certain age, probably around 1950
  10. kyratango kyratango, 14 days ago
    Ha, missed when you posted it...See Agram's stick pin and my comment #12

Venetian Fiumini
  11. Newtimes Newtimes, 13 days ago
    Thanks Vanitylove and kyratango for solving my mystery. Still love this little fellow...will be on the lookout to make a set with a ring or earrings to complete this stickpin :-)