Primo Christy's 50s NOS in Box with Tags

In Hats > Derby Hats > Show & Tell.
Derby Hats2 of 7Antique Wingert & Haas Bowler Derby HatStetson Derby Hat

geo26egeo26e loves this.
junkmanjoejunkmanjoe loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.

antiquariu…

Premium Christy's of London black furfelt Devon bowler (known as derby in the USA) with hunting (padded) hat band for comfort and secure fit, and reenforced crown for possible equestrian use (or driving with the top down!). The hat looks like it just came out of the store although the landmark red and gold box has a few dents from age and handling. Lined with pleated red silk, this design has been made by Christy's since the 19th century with very little modification - only the tags assist in the dating of the hat. This is Christy's top-of-the-line bowler made famous in movies like James Bond. It is a size 6 7/8 and is in mint condition.

Comments

1. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Very Cool!!!
  2. antiquarius123 antiquarius123, 2 years ago
    Thanks Moonstonelover, musikchoo and Bellin for the comments and appreciation!
  3. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    BTW...My favourite Show Jumping Helmet was a Christy's of London! And I won a lot of Jumper ribbons with it! Christy's made the best Jumpers helmets of there time:)) Thanks for sharing:))
  4. antiquarius123 antiquarius123, 2 years ago
    It's too small for me but I can see that it would be super comfy and secure with the padded "hunting" band. Lee it sounds like you are a great equestrian as well as being so knowledgeable about antique jewelry and gems - a woman of many talents!
  5. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    I was teaching and training Jumpers and Dressage along with Hunters for 30 years. I was taught by Olympic Athlete's and there trainers. I worked hard to learn my passion. Mucking stalls and cleaning and tacking up horses. Horses were my first passion! All my Show Jumpers were either severely abused or neglected. Ready to go to the slaughter house. I never grew up with a silver spoon, But worked hard to learn everything I could. Out of 15 years of teaching and training no one ever got hurt. And I am happy to say they turned out to be some of the best Equestrian Riders in Los Angeles. I never told anyone that they could not be a good rider! We all could be anything we want to be ...with heart and inner strength. :) The antique jewelry is my second career....
  6. antiquarius123 antiquarius123, 2 years ago
    Incredible story Lee! Thank you for sharing it with me. I agree with you that anyone can be what they dream if they dare to try and work hard for it!