Rose Pink Matte Glaze "Little Sailor Boy" with Boat Planter by Haeger / Very Cute !

In Art Pottery > Show & Tell and Figurines > Show & Tell.
Art Pottery1647 of 4294small green vase with gold trimWall Pockets

PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

mikelv85

This little guy is really old and really cute. He's 7 " tall and 6 " wide. The piece is done in a rose pink matte glaze which is very crazed .He has a bit of age on him,but no cracks or chips ! It also has a bad mineral deposit around the boat planter's rim. He almost looks like the "Cracker Jack" sailor or maybe a Campbell's soup kid. No marks once again I have seen two online in yellow and green but not this color. (Note: Turns out this color is rare and yes it's early Haeger missing it's silver foil label after seeing one on Ebay) Thanks for all the help with solving this mystery -Mike-

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. nldionne nldionne, 12 months ago
    Not sure if Haeger but this one is listed as Haeger

2. nldionne nldionne, 12 months ago
    Not sure if Haeger but these two are listed as Haeger

3. mikelv85 mikelv85, 12 months ago
    Ah ha ! That's how they know it's Haeger the Pink one has a foil label on the bottom Excellent ! You've done it again....lol. I prefer my rose pink one even if he is a bit crazed and grungy...lol That yellow one is really butt ugly ! - Mike-
  4. nldionne nldionne, 12 months ago
    LMAO Mike. Nice little find. I love these old planters.
  5. bratjdd bratjdd, 12 months ago
    Very Cute!!!
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    I thought I have seen this boy listed before as a match holder ??
  7. mikelv85 mikelv85, 12 months ago
    Hmm.. that's a possibility. That would be an awful lot of matches though.Maybe there are different versions. Mine has a definite black line left by water and soil deposits which normal washing wouldn't remove. Probably used in a babies room as I found it in a lot of other planters of carriages, booties, and animals that came into our Goodwill store.
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    I am not sure what size yours is, although I know I have seen the same boy on an ashtray also. May have made several sizes.