Old Amber Pendant

In Fine Jewelry > Amber Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Amber Jewelry34 of 52Amber Pin and BangleNeed help!  Nazca Peru Indian Necklace,  Hawk, Raven, Bird? or Anteater, sloth, animal!!!

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
antiquarius123antiquarius123 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

This amber pendant is from my grandmother. I always thought that it looked rather modern, but my mom told me recently that my grandmother had it for as long as she can remember. Translated into years: at least 60 years or more.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    What a great piece of amber !!!!!!!! love it and it is even more special being your grandma gave it to you . It has a bug or something in the desired thing about amber , Imagine how old it is ! wow !!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks Manikin. You are very kind. Yes, there is something in there but I am not sure what it is. My mom says it's a fly but I am not sure. Whatever it is I don't think it is complete. :(
  3. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    I love Vintage Baltic Amber!!! Its a gorgeous colour!!!
  4. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Many thanks to blunderbuss2, Newtimes, mustangtony, and BELLIN68 as well:)
    And sorry, I forgot the 21 for Moonstonelover21 :)
  6. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Beautiful Amber pendant, They are my Favorites!!! Thank you for sharing
  7. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Love it this would match my brooch & earrings I'm sure I have posted both will have to have a look & see.
  8. tombraider, 1 year ago
    Beautiful, natures time capsule...there does look to be wings trapped in the sap and something else organic...just great :)
  9. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, tombraider. To call it a time capsule is a great way of putting it!
  10. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Zowie, I looked at your postings. You are absolutely correct:)
  11. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Thank you I will take that as a compliment & to use the term time capsule is a wonderful way of putting it as that is exactly what it is.
  12. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Back again it would look good seeing them all together wouldn't it the way they match. Pity.
  13. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Yes, you are so correct. Well, Zowie, you never know, sometimes life plays funny tricks. We might just be at the same time at the same place. Just a few weeks ago, my best friend run into a different best friend of mine (both living in two different countries) in yet a third country. All tough they are very good friends as well they didn't know about their individual travel plans. Talk about coincidence!
  14. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Your not wrong on that account in coincidences as after I moved I ran into a distant cousin I didn't know about it was only I was at the markets & she was selling didgeridoos & was signed by my clan & couldn't help but to stop to look, which I ended up buying. We got talking about it only to find out she was from other side of family. Meant to be. You never know maybe one day I just may pull them from site but for now happy to have & keep so pretty
  15. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Zowie, freiheit, you never know...I am good friends with my ex-husbands ex-girlfriend and she is one of my best friends while they were together and after!!! You never know...
    Also one of my best friends from Hong Kong, now lives in Australia with her husband and 3 kids.....after 35 years of not being in contact!!! We are all blessed somehow! 3 Degrees of separation. XOXOXO
  16. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    It's a same world isn't it & I thought I was the only one that liked there spouses ex-partner more in common then we think
  17. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    How very interesting. How does the song go: It's a small world after all....
    Believe it or not, I have a story too. When I was eight, we had a visitor at our house. For whatever reason, this visitor stood out in my mind, even after many years. After my father passed away, I learned that the young man (he was 18 at the time we met) was my half-brother. My father never told me when he was alive. I only found out because of some paperwork that followed his dead. I looked him up, called him, and almost got a heart attack: His voice was exactly as my father's! I have never met him again, but we are in close contact and calling each other rather often. I am planning a visit though.
  18. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Freiheit That's great I'm really happy for you. My problem is I was try to explain something to someone & didn't want it anymore public than it went & we tried to talk our conversation private when I tried to explain it did not come out very well & taken out of context, so I really came here to learn sorry to the person that I tried to get message to but will be keeping something's a bit closer to chest & if it gets to personal will have to back off. My apologies to said person you will know who you are as live in Australia. Trying to keep it private
  19. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    I understand, Zowie:) I hope you have a great day, are in great health, and everything is fine! I enjoy talking to you here at CW.
  20. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Thank you the caring & understanding I enjoy talks also. I have not been back as been off line for a bit. Trying to catch up I have seen some really good things while have been on line in odd hours.