Bridal Store Display 22" Tall by Fashiondol / Latexture . Rare size

In Advertising > Store Displays > Show & Tell and Womens Clothing > Wedding Dresses > Show & Tell.
Store Displays103 of 206Large Oversized "Kodak Camera, Instamadic 104. Store Display"Dior Display

vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Manikin

This is a late 30's into 40's mannequin marked on back Fashiondol ( One L) These were produced by Latexture Prod. NY
They came in 12 1/2 inch size and 15 which had a more rubber feel and often rough to touch . This Tall Girl is 22 inches tall and made of a higher quality rubber and plastic mixture she is heavy unlike the other 2 which are light weight . They are often found with hairline cracks and because she was more pliable when new she stood on her legs and they formed a bit out of shape as they hardened like the Deb U doll Margit Nilsen did .
She has been professionally dressed in a wedding gown although these manikins were often used to display in store a pattern or a dress in small scale during WWII the Fashiondol was made as a set with patterns to teach sewing . I have not seen a Simplicity Pattern which the smaller ones came with for a 22 inch size like her . She is first one I have seen in 30 years of collecting manikin dolls and miniature display figures .

Comments

1. inky inky, 1 year ago
    She's lovely Manikin!...:-)
  2. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you inky ! Have missed seeing you hope all is good by you :-)
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    I see she's enjoying a nice spring day in your garden!
    She's very good looking for a bride of her age! :-)
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    She has a beautiful face, a great piece from your fascinating collection !~
  5. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Bro it was beautiful day . Soon flowers :-) Thanks for the love on her !
  6. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phil for nice comment always appreciate when you click on love button !
  7. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you vetraio50, kerry, bratjdd, and nldionne :-)
  8. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you musik ,and official ( It is in my womans cave :-) Appreciate you both stopping !
  9. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 1 year ago
    Another treasure! And the attire is in such fine condition, too! So glad that you found this and that you are preserving it! : )
  10. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you MiKKo :-) I hope to save as many as my wallet will handle that is not enough to save all the ones that need it . I do not think I will restore her cracks she is so original and rare I believe I will let her wrinkles show since she is 70 yrs old at least . I should look so good at 70 :-) Take care my friend xoxo
  11. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
  12. Songwriter53 Songwriter53, 1 year ago
    I love her .:) Hope u are ok >)
  13. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you songwriter :-) weather holding for now ,fingers crossed through night .
  14. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you MiKKo my dear friend I am glad you enjoyed her and so glad your back fulltime :-)))))) xoxo
  15. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you trunkman,official,kerry and moonstone :-) !
  16. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Well a girl has to show off her name where ever the tattoo is :-) xoxo