CZECH DECO EXPORT MARKED PERFUME BOTTLE

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Bottles > Perfume Bottles > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass1249 of 2639Early Harrach Barrel ( keg) Glass 1770 - 1790 Kralik Webbed Ball Vase

WeirdpuckettWeirdpuckett loves this.
dlfd911dlfd911 loves this.
manddmoirmanddmoir loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Alfredo

WILL WONDERS EVER CEASE?

A PERFUME BOTTLE. 2.5" IN DIAMETER. 2. 25' TALL, WITH DAUBER ATTACHED (PICS. 1, 4)

BUT: MARKED TWICE. WITH A CHZECHOSLOVAKIA MARK (PIC. 3) AND A PAPER LABEL(PIC. 2)

AND THEREIN LAYS A SHOCKER. THE E &JB LABEL IS AMERICAN. FROM THE INTERNET:

E & J Bass, Inc of NY, they sold items in the 1890s-1930 under the name Empire Art Gold, Imperial Art Silver and Empire Art Silver, their mark usually consisted of a Crown in a circle with E&JB Empire Art. Their business went under due to the Depression. They also produced the enamel and jewel combinations, or sometimes without jewels.IThe Dorothy Rainwater book says that E & J Bass were "Manufacturers of sterling silver wares, sterling deposit wares and plated silver and jewelry." You will find markings on the bases of the boxes and perfume caddies, the sides of the handles on the handmirrors and brushes, and also just underneath the mirror on the handmirror.

SO, NOW WE NOW CZECH DECO EXPORT GLASS WAS IMPORTED TO THE USA, DECORATED AND MARKETED HERE BY COMPANIES SUCH AS E & JB!

Comments

1. magdalenagirl magdalenagirl, 11 months ago
    I wonder if they decorated here or ordered them ready to go.
  2. Alfredo Alfredo, 11 months ago
    No. They were decorated here.
  3. forewhales forewhales, 11 months ago
    I have this same perfume bottle and it is acid etched Czechoslovakia (like yours) and also acid etched E & JR, right above Czechoslovakia.
  4. Alfredo Alfredo, 11 months ago
    I'ts probably a B. Could you get a picture of the acid etched E&JB mark? Where there are two, there must be others. I just got a money pin sold as "German silver" but with an E&JB mark. I also found an advertisement for the company and it is quite clear the glass is Czech. The added jewelry ornaments may be American. Gary swears he has seen a third mark on my bottle, but I will not really know until it arrives.
  5. forewhales forewhales, 11 months ago
    It could be a B. I will try and photo it. It is acid etched and hard to see. It is in cursive with the bottom of the L making a semi loop (smiley face) under the & and J, then attaching to the B or R. The & is also attached to the middle of the L. I don't think it will photo, but will give it a good try.
  6. czechman czechman, 11 months ago
    So I did see a second acid stamp!.. very cool Alfredo! I want to see the pics of the second marks it can be photographed please :)
  7. Alfredo Alfredo, 11 months ago
    KS, YOURS IS THE EMPIRE LINE!
  8. Alfredo Alfredo, 11 months ago
    CZECHMAN WAS CORRECT. I HAVE JUST FOUND AN ACID ETCHED E&JB STAMP IN ADDITION TO THE PAPER LABEL, JUST LIKE WHAT PATTI HAS. SO THIS TINY PIECE HAS THREE MARKS ON IT!
  9. Poop Poop, 11 months ago
    How old?
  10. Alfredo Alfredo, 11 months ago
    1920's. THAT'S WHAT CZECH DECO EXPORT MEANS.
  11. Poop Poop, 11 months ago
    Well i just learned something lol