Antique Japanese Silk Screen Bamboo Fan W/Orig Box My Great Grandmothers

In Accessories > Hand Fans > Show & Tell.
Hand Fans21 of 92Oriental  Paper FanAnother Hand Fan

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
filmnetfilmnet loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
antiquarius123antiquarius123 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Moonstonel…

This fan was my Great Grandmother Chie's fan. The story goes that this in our house in Tokyo, Japan. While my Mother and Sister were staying at the house they brought it back for me to keep. This is a very old and delicate fan that was well loved! I keep this by my desk in its box. I was scared to unfold it for the pictures...since it has not been unfolded in over 50 years. I hope you like it :)))

Comments

1. antiquarius123 antiquarius123, 1 year ago
    Gorgeous - you are blessed to have so many things from your ancestors esp after moving so far away from your original home!!
  2. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    antiquarius123, thank you for saying that! We are finalizing the sale of the home in Tokyo. It sits on 2.5 acres in the heart of Tokyo. In the province of Kamiuma, which is located 15 minutes from the hub or heart of Tokyo. I am sad to see it being sold. We had it for over 100 years..... Guess we all start anew!!!! :))
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I love it! Sorry to hear about selling your home in Tokyo. I hope you have many pictures which is some comfort - you can look at them over and over and remember and talk and share memories.
  4. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    very beautiful fan! I understand why you are sad about the house. The opposite for me! When we left Nebraska I decided Nebraska looks best in the car's rear view mirror!
  5. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    I also love fans & this is so beautiful not only it's history. Have you thought about opening it & putting it all in a show box that can either lay flat or hang on the wall. Being a collector yourself you know how much better it is to keep it altogether. This way everyone can enjoy it's beauty & you do not have to fear about opening & closing it.