vintage dancer lamps

In Lamps > Table Lamps > Show & Tell.
Table Lamps509 of 1068Milk glass hobnail lamp - Fabulous find!Beautiful Hand Painted Oriental Floral Lamp with Gold Accents / Circa 1940's

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
all4luv25all4luv25 loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
Songwriter53Songwriter53 loves this.

all4luv25

Male and female 28" dancer lamps. I was given the pair of lamps by my neighbor who said she has had them for over 30 years but no longer has use for them. I was hoping someone can give me a little history of them because I can't find anything about them when searching the internet.
Thanks.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Marks?........
    Pictures of the bottom?.........
  2. Songwriter53 Songwriter53, 2 years ago
  3. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Stillwater, Thanks for responding. I have searched all over the lamps and I can't find any identifying marks... I did clean-up the bottom of the lamp as much as possible and added a picture of it for you, thanks again.
  4. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    songwriter, I love them also! Just wish I had, at least, a little history of them.
  5. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Thanks for a timeline Phil. Do you have any names of companies that made have any made these kind of lamps?
  6. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Phil, you are awesome! When I Googled the Reglor name, I did find two other people with these same lamps but in different colors. ... however, I think parts of my lamps were painted over. Is there a way to tell if they're originals? Also, in your opinion, is it not a good idea to have them painted again?
  7. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Phil I also uploaded pictures of a my floor lamp, would you happen to know anything about that lamp... again I can't find any marks that would identify it.
  8. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    The Reglor lamps in the link are exceptionally beautiful and are in superb condition... which just makes me even more curious of the original look of the lamps I've acquired.
    I definitely have a true love for vintage and often times think that I just may have been born in the wrong era, however, it would be shameful for me to claim title as collector. The few items I have, which consist of a 6ft wood giraffe, an odd-looking wooden chair, two hats and the lamps are items I've just happen to stumble across and whose previous owners where willing to part with for a very low price...I couldn't nearly afford the the true and beautiful vintage. I will take your advice and post on my main page for knowledgeable people in my area, hopefully there is someone around here who can help.
  9. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Hello Phil! I did not find anyone in my area, so basically, they have just been sitting and occasionally dusted :-). I do not mind at all if you decide to alter the pictures, I will also try to upload better photos and also sendmore detailed pictures to your email address. Thanks again
  10. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Phil!!!! You are too awesome! How did you find these lamp?! Wow!
  11. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    However, I still can't find someone in my area to restore them....
  12. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    @ all4 . Your lamps are wonderful and if you need nose fixed take it to a doll hospital they are used to fixing chipped noses we do it all the time . Be sure they are reputable .The chip is easy to fix it is getting the perfect color match which takes time but can be done .
    Good job Phil on locating a pair . I saw these lamps or similar and have to go to my storage as I have 2 plaques with these types of figures on them and gave some away years ago :-( Very popular in 50's and I have no idea why but many houses had them and or a black leopard :-)
  13. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Thanks Manikin... a doll hospital? Hmm.. never heard of one. Will a doll hospital be able to fix the paint also?
  14. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Yes they can do painting . If you lived next door my friend is a master at that type of repair but any doll repair person is also used to working with chalkware ect . Yes there are doll hospitals , and people who also do it at home . It is a easy fix you just want to be sure they can show you some of their work . I am not sure what the paint problem is since I can't see what you and Phil are seeing ?? Please tell me what is wrong with paint ok
  15. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    And To add I was going to post mine but someone moved them from storage area and where they were for 6 years are now moved so I will have to locate them again . I just had them out 2 weeks ago . I have a cleaning fairy in basement :-)
  16. all4luv25 all4luv25, 2 years ago
    Manikin, do you know any reputable doll hospitals in the New Jersey/ New York areas?
    Do you have these lamps also? How did you acquire them..
  17. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    I posted my dancing figure wall plaques made the same way as your lamp with chips and texture multi colored spackle paint , that doll people can repair them I will post again when done
    I also will check with a friend in NY for any good doll hospitals and they can do the work , it will depend on IF they want to. Also a ceramic studio is a idea also . Check out my plaques
  18. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Nice detective work Phil ! That solved this one . Good info also for all of us :-)