Lobster Butter Creamer: Very Ugly!

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen1300 of 3491Bowl made from wood?Pumkin Creamer - Old?

riverruntspookguyriverruntspookguy loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
KatzlKatzl loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
antiquarius123antiquarius123 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

This is the second item I picked up today. Each one cost me 25 cents and my daughter told me that she has never see something as ugly as this one. It is unmarked and in almost perfect condition. There is even a touch of pink colour inside. I suppose it was used for melted butter???

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Friend claims the bravest man ever was the first person to look at a lobster & say, "I'm going to eat that ugly thing".
  2. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Agree. They do look ugly, don't they! But they taste great.
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks Moonstonelover21 and Manikin:)
  4. Stillwater Stillwater, 1 year ago
    Reminds me of Royal Beiruth
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Very good Still. Had to look it up, but you are right.
  6. Stillwater Stillwater, 1 year ago
    Thanks Blunder, +1 point for me!
  7. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot: blunderbuss2, Stillwater, and everyone:)
  8. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I would like this thing looking at me during dinner LOL

Thanks BELLIN68 and PhilDavidAlexanderMorris:)
  9. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    I think it could be a gravy boat, & I have seen this design on a couple of items by 2 different makers, 1)Carlton Ware 2) Royal Winton lobster pattern it was classed as. I hope this may help by the way the red paint maybe LEAD base.
  10. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks Zowie. I will check out your makers. Last weekend saw a very similar one in a second-hand store but the quality was so bad; I didn't buy it! I was unmarked as well.
    Thanks also for your hint about the lead. I don't think I have to worry about it because this thing, whatever it is, is way too ugly to go on my table. I am a hopeless collector. I collect porcelain and jewelry and for that reason I could not resist the challenge to find out about the piece. :)
  11. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    I agree with you they are ugly, but then beauty as they say is in the eye of the holder.
  12. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    You are so right, Zowie!
    Thanks, SEAN68:)
  13. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    I'm glad I am Wright about something, but are the makers of any help. I truly hope so. It will mean I am finely learning something. Have a great day . If the makers or in this case maker are Wright which one please so I will known for future reference please. Always nice to learn something for sure I wish I had as much luck for myself.
  14. tom61375 tom61375, 12 months ago
    Der Hummer, Er gefällt mir sehr. Ich glaube es ist sehr wunderschön! =)
  15. freiheit freiheit, 12 months ago
    Nun ja, das haengt von dem Betrachter ab. Ich wuerde ihn lieber essen als ansehen:)
  16. freiheit freiheit, 12 months ago
    Thanks a lot, inky, DrFluffy, and aldo78:)
  17. kivatinitz kivatinitz, 18 days ago
    http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-37971/royal-bayreuth-lobster-handled-shell-creamer-no-reserve.html Beatiful open sugar
  18. freiheit freiheit, 17 days ago
    Thanks a lot for your links, kivatinitz:)
  19. Zowie Zowie, 14 days ago
    I followed your link from livatinitz more companies then I thought brought this ugly pattern out nice price also it takes the ugly out of it