50's Clay Sketches California Egret Vase

In Art Pottery > Show & Tell and Figurines > Show & Tell.
Art Pottery2529 of 5335Could this Pink & Blue Sugar & Creamer possibly be HullWho Made this Beautiful Pot? Interesting Shape, Gorgeous satin Glaze~Unmarked?

PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

SpunkysMom

I'm not familiar with this manufacturer, but the color & deco style of this really caught my eye. the vase stands 12" high, the egret 10". It's going in my entry way where I have my Turner swan print & a couple California horse statues & my Sascha B. horse bowl that I posted from earlier

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Wow this is a really quality piece. What's on the bottom? What does "clay sketchers" mean? Nice find!
  2. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Beautiful ! love it
  3. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 1 year ago
    Thanks,amber & Manikin! Amber, I corrected my title & photographed the bottom for you. Clay Sketches is the name of the vintage California Pottery company that made this.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago

Clay Sketches was started by Cy and Edna Peterson in 1943. The original shop was at the corner of Mentor Avenue and Green Street,
    but volume soon demanded a move to larger facilities on South Chester.
    Over the years a sucession of partners were brought in and later bought out as business conditions required or allowed. Eventually the pottery was wholly owned by the Petersons. I appears to have remained active until 1956 or 1957, although that date is not 100 percent sure. It may have continued on a time longer.
  5. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 1 year ago
    Thanks, Phil! I do collect California pottery & knew nothing about this. You're the best! Thanks also mustangtony & bratdd
  6. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 1 year ago
    Thanks, Bellin, I love the rings you posted!