1879 British Woven silk photogragh "The Present Time"

In Rugs and Textiles > Embroidery > Show & Tell and Railroadiana > Show & Tell.
Embroidery20 of 67WWII Royal Air  Force Embroidery Prime Minister Churchill QuoteAntique Needlework with Hand Painting  / "Where The Heart Dwells" / Circa 1906

kingshawnkingshawn loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

gargoyleco…

I found this in a box of broken dishes the other day,it is in fair condition for as old as I think it is,but maybe someone here can tell me more about it.I love train stuff,so I plan on reframing it and hanging it up.The last 2 pics are of the back,and it measures about 5x8 inches.Thanks for looking!

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    That is one very cool silk print ! I love trains too and would frame it and hang it too ! Love it
  2. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thanks Mani,I plan on putting it in a 2 side frame,that is what it was in,but it was broken.
    I forgot to mark it unsolved!!!!!!!CW HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Yes you would not want to hide the other side with all the others he did along with Train . Calling 911 CW to edit to unsolved . I want a edit for when I need to correct a word that was either changed by spell check or I did a typo on too CW Help me too :-)
  4. scottvez scottvez, 10 months ago
    These are known as Stevengraphs-- from the original maker and inventor of the process. It is nice that yours comes from this maker!

They have a great collector following-- the lack of silk aging or discoloration really sets yours apart from many examples.

scott
  5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 10 months ago
    Love Stevengraphs!
  6. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    How old do you guys think this is?????????????
  7. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thanks manikin,scott, blunder,pw-collector,vetraio,and AmbeRose!Thanks for the info scott,and the compliments,mani,and vetraio!
  8. vetraio50 vetraio50, 10 months ago
    Have you seen this?
    Down the bottom of the page under "trains"!
  9. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thanks vetraio!!!!!!No I had not seen that,now I know that the label on the back was actually the envelope it would have came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    From that Site I found,with Thomas Stevens credit on the front,and the 114 Newgate St. adress,dates this to 1879!He was at the 114 Newgate st. adress from 1879-1884.Thanks again vetraio!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thanks AmberRose and walksoftly!
  12. musikchoo musikchoo, 10 months ago
    Love the Choo Choo !!!!!
  13. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thank you very much Musikchoochoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. inky inky, 10 months ago
    Wouldn't mind it on my wall too..it's beautiful!....:-)
  15. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago
    Thank you very much inky,I think so too!
  16. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 10 months ago