Signs of the Caribes

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs881 of 3043LIFE IS A GAS !!~Antique Steroscope Images from 1875 & 1900

MattyGMattyG loves this.
MarioZMarioZ loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.

blunderbuss2

A school bus in Sint Maarten. Railroads we don't have & I had to look up what "automatic chains" were & we have no ice or snow except in bags or cups. Now the cluster of water meters. If you have these clusters where you live, you must live in the 3rd World! People hit these with cars on a regular basis (especially weekends) & eliminate water for everybody in the area. Such is life in the tropics! For secondary cat., I chose "Folk Art".

Comments

1. Signaholic Signaholic, 2 years ago
    Now that is funny!
  2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Funny, if you don't live here!
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    C'est bon Geno. You want to hang on the fence with the other idiots & become a human flag? Several times the fence has been taken out by landing gear.I don't care what Myth Busters says, cars have been repeatedly blown off the road, over a wall & into the sea and I was there for one incident. There is no doubt that the airline pilots are going out of their way to swing the tail as close as possible to the fence when there is plenty of runway for them to take off safely.
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    You should put up a railroad crossing sign & confuse the hell out of everyone!
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    walksoftly, your mind works too much like mine!! Broke up when I caught this comment. I've been thinking about it for about a year. Since they started on this bridge across the lagoon that seems to have no purpose than to make it easier for me to get over to see my old friends, I put it on hold. I'm making green with white letter signs reading: "LUCAS BRIDGE". I'll have to wait about doing the RR sign until I find out what happens after I put up the bridge sign. Everybody knows me so I figure if they don't take it down in a few days, I will there 6 mos. or till it rots! Still trying to decide what I'm going to be when I grow-up? Probably dead, but thinking about being a fireman.
  6. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    When you put up the Lucas bridge sign be sure to add another to warn drivers that the bridge is subject to icing!
  7. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Good point & well received. That means making & hanging more signs? I like it!
  8. MarioZ MarioZ, 1 year ago
    Funny,don't need snow chain in a 90 degree farenheit all year 360 island..
  9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Mario, we seldom get temps. in the 90's. Days average probably 87-89 right now in July(well, in 2 days). I'm going to McDonald's land in 2 wks and dread facing that humid 90 -98 weather. Really sounds horrible!
  10. MarioZ MarioZ, 1 year ago
    You're right,today it was around 95 ; in Houston was 107,I can't stop drinking cold water..just get ready Mr blunder,you'll get used to in a couple of days,I hope you'll have a great stay in the US.
  11. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Mario, I never could adjust to that horrific humidity! Probably something I can claim to be a reason for leaving but would be a lie.
  12. MarioZ MarioZ, 1 year ago
    I understand the temperatures here (I speak for Houston)are like a roller coaster ups and downs,sometimes I ask myself what do I do about this.Because I have the feeling that the temperatures will get more xtreme,but for now I can handle it,thanks God! What a sacrifice you have to do for two weeks ha!
  13. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Kind of looking forward to seeing a 4 lane again(from an air conditioned car)