Posted 10 months ago
I received this scale from my father before he passed in March. As many of the items my dad left me, I appreciate them because I knew that they were important to him and he trusted me to ensure the safe keepings of his favorite items. Unfortunately it wasn't until he passed that I took it upon myself to learn the origin of his collection, but nonetheless it feels great when I've been able to learn the stories behind these items...
The seal reads "Style 42 - 10 lb CAP" and is numbered 11878.
A few of questions I have about the computing scale would be:
1. Will the value decrease if it were to be refinished?
2. If not, any suggestions (besides going to a professional) as to where I could locate a quality outfit who would restore this? (I live in Elkhart, IN)
3. What time period was this from?
4. Were Strubler Scales manufactured in Chicago prior to Elkhart, IN?
5. Could this scale be more rare than the Charles G. Strubler scales manufactured in Chicago?
Thank you for your help!