Depression Glass Car Bud Vases

In Glassware > Depression Glass > Show & Tell and Classic Cars > Show & Tell.
Depression Glass202 of 375L E Smith Deco Depression Glass Dresser JarsTall 10 inch dish,  Depression or cut glass? Glass is not my expertise!

fortapachefortapache loves this.
JOE63JOE63 loves this.
charcoalcharcoal loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

upstatenyc…

I found these at the Round Lake Antiques show this weekend. I always wanted one of these, and when I saw a pair, I knew they would be my Father's day present. I mounted them in my black light cabinet, and they glow nicely. The third picture shows them as mounted, with some of my other pieces in the background. I don't see any chips or cracks, and the brackets are with them, although 2 of the original clamp screws are missing. If anyone know who made these, or what kind of car they originally came with, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

1. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 1 year ago
    These are Houze Glass vases. Absolutely gorgeous !!! They also made lamps with this pattern.I have a lamp made with the same pattern but in slag glass...I will post it soon .
  2. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 1 year ago
  3. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    Stunning :)!!!
  4. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 1 year ago
  5. Stillwater Stillwater, 1 year ago
    They're worth a fair amount of money
  6. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 1 year ago
    Thanks, Hedge, Sean and Stillwater! Hedgewalker, thanks so much for the reference material. I can't wait to see your lamp.
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    I'm glad Hedge posted a link to these, I had never heard of car vases, love it!
  8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I'm still confused as to what "car vases" are?
  9. pickrknows pickrknows, 1 year ago
    Like the VW beetle, only 40 yrs earlier!
  10. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    That doesn't help me understand what a "car vase" is. These were what? Have makers marks, came in cars or what. I'm tired & a bit slow tonight.(actually lately)
  11. pickrknows pickrknows, 1 year ago
    LOL You could mount these in your sedan and add a flower arrangement to help mask the fact that your car has no A/C or air freshener!
  12. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    How about in a pick-um-up with A/C but no air freshener?
  13. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 1 year ago
    blunderbuss2, they were mounted on the inside pillars of high end cars like Packards, Rolls Royces etc. I'm not sure if there were any original equipment ones, or only those made as accessories by companies like Houze, who made these. I remember seeing similar ones in early JC Whitney catalogs. I hope that clears things up!!!! Thanks everyone for the loves!!!!
  14. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I finally get a straight answer. Never heard of that. Kind of sounds like making a car look like a hearse. Actually sounds cheap looking but then all I have to do is look around here.
  15. AmberRose AmberRose, 7 months ago
    Wow, very very cool. I'm sorry I missed this the first go around. I didn't know these existed!
  16. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 7 months ago
    Thanks, Amber. I think they are my favorite vaseline piece(s)