Antique Chinese Wood block For Printing.....

In Asian > Chinese Antiques > Show & Tell and Office > Printing Equipment > Show & Tell.
Chinese Antiques133 of 406Rare Piece! Need Help to identify!A Chinese enamel coloisonne dragon bowl

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
MattyGMattyG loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Moonstonel…

This is well over 100 years old...I got this from a friend many years ago...it big!
The carving is on both sides and is in great condition! Measures 22 x 9 and its stunning!!
UPDATE: I asked my mother about this..and she said this was Chinese and it was ANTIQUE ...and it was the Chinese

Comments

1. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    mustangtony, XOXOXOXO
  2. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    What will you come up with next:))))
  3. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    nldionne, LOL do I seem all over the place? Sorry if I do...I am packing and while packing taking picks before boxing :0 I am still loving jewelry the most...then glass....I think?
  4. MattyG MattyG, 1 year ago
    Pretty cool piece you have there Moon, if I saw it at a sale I would not be able to leave without it, although I generally avoid Asian antiques due to so many counterfeits.
  5. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    MattyG, thank you...this is the real deal! I traded for horse training for this piece! With my client back in Texas! Thank you!!!
  6. MattyG MattyG, 1 year ago
    No doubt, looks authentic to me, that's why I would not leave without it.
  7. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    MattyG, thank you...I feel blessed to have what I do! XO
  8. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I lived in Singapore for 5 years and feel in love with Asian art. This is absolutely stunning.
  9. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    DrFluffy, thank you....I am blessed!
  10. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    JH, I personally cannot read it. And I am not exactly on friendly terms with my Japanese Mother who is trying to hurry us up on our departure of her house :( I have been packing and my oldest is out of her mind in acting up! I am having a tough time and want to curl in a dark hole.......Sorry for not answering...
    I showed it to her once...and she said that is was extremely old and rare. :)
  11. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    JH, found the answer!!! READ updated version!!!!
  12. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    pw-collector, thank you for the loving !!!!
  13. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Leah, thank you for the loving!!!
  14. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Geno, thanks for the loving!!!
  15. mcheconi mcheconi, 1 year ago
    Hello! Your piece is actually an antique chinese print block, used to print books from it. You can notice the darkened surface of the area where the ink was applied to. You can check a similar piece here http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/16642176_chinese-wooden-printing-block
    A nice piece. Congrats!
  16. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    mcheconi, thank you soo much!!! Changed the description and title...XOXOXOXO
  17. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Jon, XOXOXO
  18. shrine shrine, 6 months ago
    Hi there, I have some chinese printing blocks like yours. It's old I can assure you as the cost of reproduction would excess its market value. The carving style and content suggest it's from Qing dynasty, no doubt.

Long story behind it, hope you enjoy.
  19. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 6 months ago
    shrine, so is this a good example of woodblock print blocks?
    Lee
  20. shrine shrine, 6 months ago
    Hi moon, yes, a authentic piece of relic from old days. Chinese stopped making woodblock since mid 20c, Japanese and Korean did so around early 20c. The exception is Chinese government invested millions to restore some Buddhism printing blocks from Qing dynasty. Each piece costs them over $1.5k. Want to know Korean idea towards this kind of stuff? check out this: