Sterling Silver Ring

In Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Rings > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry Rings134 of 336Chinese vermeil enameled Jade ringVintage Sterling Cat Ring

ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
VERONTIQUEVERONTIQUE loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

This is a ring that amazed me because of the workmanship. I believe the stone could be a carnelian but I am not sure. There is a lot of details on the ring. It is simply marked 925. I don't know anything about it at all.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, mustangtony and nldionne:)
  2. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Beautiful !!!!!!!!
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Beautiful, I think it is peasant Dutch with Carnelian.
  4. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, Agram.m:) I tried to look up "peasant Dutch" and saw some exsamples. I think you are right. Sorry for not responding sooner - my computer had some problems and I had to share with someone else. Funny how we all depend on techology.
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, Moonstonelover21, Zowie, musikchoo, bratjdd, BHock45, SEAN68, mustangtony, and nldionne: )
  6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 7 months ago
    Nice, very similar details in this, campare to my latest post swedish silverbangle from 1954! I'm not saying your ring is swedish, it's not because it would have stamps but you can tell silversmiths all over the world are inspired by these type of details, I've seen them elsewhere also. Beautiful ring!
  7. freiheit freiheit, 7 months ago
    Elisabethan, I really like this bangle! And I couldn’t agree more with you about it “not looking Swedish”. I guess we all have our stereotypes about what we believe something is supposed to look like. I have seen so many pieces of Swedish jewelry and not one looked even close to this one. To me, your bangle, as well as my ring, has a touch of folk art/style – if you know what I mean. Agram.m used the word “peasant” to describe it. I don’t know much about art styles and history but agree with you that artists, in this case silversmiths, are inspired and influenced by one another, no matter where they live.
    Gudrun:)