Share your favorites on Show & Tell

what is it?

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware558 of 2623Window latches alittle fishy?Latest Flea Market find Pen Knife Key C
Love it
Like it

AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 9 months ago


(1 item)

does anyone have any idea what this 'hammer-like' tool is?
It is about 6-7" long handle all wood - the head is sheffield steel and had a slight curve to the top with a a flat notch out of it.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 9 months ago
    I'm having trouble understanding the shape from the angles of the pics.
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 9 months ago
    Me too
  3. sawdust, 9 months ago
    I added a couple more images.
  4. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 9 months ago
    The 1st pic is the 1 I can't get into perspective. How about you Amber?
  5. sawdust, 9 months ago
    the first pic is looking at the item from the top. So as if you ate looking at the second pic from the left hand side.
  6. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 9 months ago
    It just doesn't look nearly that wide in the 2nd pic against your hand(that is your hand?). Where is Walksoftly when we need them. I'm at a loss right now. How about you Amber? Sawdust (like that), you didn't give the name printed on it & it isn't all that clear. Don't want to chase a wrong name.
  7. sawdust, 9 months ago
    head is 1-1/4" long by 3/4" wide - the words are very worn - but reads T. Tempdrill and Sheffield. It is well used .

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.