Amazing Black and White Rearing Horse Figure/Marked USA #1155/ Circa 1950-60

In Figurines > Show & Tell and Animals > Horses > Show & Tell.
Figurines1604 of 1792My favorite mid century chalkware lampGoebel Wilhelmsfeld porcelain figure

peteypetey loves this.
MattyGMattyG loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

I had to go to Valvoline and have the car's oil changed this morning. So of course I had to stop at one of my many GW's that just happens to be across the street. It was a bit early, but by the time they were done it was open. There's always a plus to being the first one in the store and this is it. A large perfect 14" figure of a rearing horse done in black and white shiny glaze. While it's not Haeger I grabbed it right away.It's marked USA #1155. There is no USA pottery company, so I know it belongs to one of the big companies just don't know who. There was one on Worthpoint from a few years back, but they didn't have any info or date and never show the prices unless you subscribe. I doubt it would have been there much longer. Another score ! -Mike-

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 2 years ago
  2. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    WOW!!! Gorgeous!!!! I have the same problem with mine!!!
  3. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    Nice find!!! Beautiful!
  4. nldionne nldionne, 2 years ago
    Nine more to go to hit 200 posts. May be a record.
  5. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    nldionne, that's wonderful!!! 200 was a big thing for me too..XOXOXOXO
  6. mikelv85 mikelv85, 2 years ago
    Thanks everyone. Found some glass I'll be posting shortly. Got a late start today !
  7. mikelv85 mikelv85, 2 years ago
    and don't chastise me
  8. mikelv85 mikelv85, 2 years ago
    ....about the glass that is :)
  9. MuddyHoofprints, 1 year ago
    Hi Mike,

I have been researching these for years. It is a California pottery piece. This particular mold came in this, and a cocoa-brown shaded version. There are several posts about these models on my blog, this post shows the same exact one:
  10. mikelv85 mikelv85, 1 year ago
    Thanks so much MuddyHoofprints for the info. Wow its already been a year since I posted this. It was last June. I figured California possibly myself. Love your blog and there it is. Amazing ! -Mike-