Huge Asian Chess set in wood SSP Co. box all for $7.00! Maybe good! or maybe not good!

In Asian > Show & Tell and Games > Chess Sets > Show & Tell.
Asian Antiques1177 of 3192Antique Chinese Carved Dragon Ivory Mystery Ball W/Ivory Stand Great Grandfathers TreasureHelp please! very old bowl with two dragons fighting and a blue pearl

pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

toracat

Item Price Qty Total
# 13511839 - Vintage SSPCO Wooden Crate and Asian Chess Pieces $7.00 1 $7.00 HELLO!!! Chess set is ceramic or porcelain with nice felt bottoms. Hand painted? From? Made when? They are big 6 inches tall! They look Mongolian to me!? Any help appreciated! The box has nothing to do with them, but I like it just as much or more than chess pieces! SSPCO With lion and bird! 29 inches by 10 inches and 6 inches deep. Nice kind of dovetailing on ends and old clasp hooks to close! I have about 50 things to research so this I will do later! It would take one huge chess board to use these! They all look fierce! Even the Queen looks like she could kick my a__!!! haha, I do not know why I buy such goofy items! Help appreciated! Thanks for looking!!! Don

Comments

1. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    I will save box for Simon's cremation!!
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    That cremation will happen sooner rather that later if that puppet gets near me.
  3. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Simon loves you AmberRose! He says he could make you happy using vintage kitchen utensils!!!
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Wooden stalker!
  5. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Simon says "I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha!!!!!!"
  6. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Simon will look good in my fireplace.
    Big hug Toracat! You stinker!
  7. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thank you!! You are special!!
  8. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Amber, I would love to see that one!!! Don would be lost without his company and smart talk !!! But have to say...I am with you Amber about Simon....he is CREEPY!!! Simon would make a great warm fire on a cold day!!! XOXOXOXO
  9. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Well, Well, Well, now Simon wants a menage au trois!!! Simon says on a cold day he could warm both of you!!
  10. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Simon, that would be perfect!!! Amber and I sitting in front of the fireplace with you as the burning wood in the fireplace!!! Keeping us warm and cozy!!! On a cold snowy day in Winter!! XOXOXOXO see you there!!!
  11. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    S S Pierce Company Boston grocer/importer

Simon probably feels a kinship with that wood box :-)
  12. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Boston!!! Thank you very much!! I like box better than chess pieces!! I thank you! and Simon thanks you!! He says you are our hero!!! very interesting reading!!
  13. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago