1964 Sakrete Cement Tin Sign

In Signs > Tin Signs > Show & Tell.
Tin Signs85 of 418Toll Plate,  Bulgaria,  1939Flamingo Motel Advertising Piece

TreyTrey loves this.
chevy59chevy59 loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
RonMRonM loves this.
tommy1002tommy1002 loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
zguy2112zguy2112 loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

MattyG

I have had this sign for about 10 years and found it at a yard sale. I had to make a u-turn about 2 miles after I passed the sale because I knew if I didn't it would bother me that I may have left a good buy slip away. Among the common household items and clothes I found this old Sakrete sign. I was told it was $10 but offered $8 and they accepted the offer. Not in the greatest shape with a few creases and holes that looked like they nailed it up with spikes at one point, still a bargain for what I paid.
Also someone colored the captions in with permanent red magic marker. I recently threw away 4 old bags similar to the one at the center bottom, they were left in my basement by previous owner and solidified from the moisture.

Comments

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    love the sign :)!!!!
  2. MattyG MattyG, 1 year ago
    Thank for the love Sean, Tony and vetraio50. Good night to all, checking my Powerball tix and going to sleep ; )
  3. zguy2112 zguy2112, 1 year ago
    GREAT sign MattyG, good eye! Best U-Turn you probably ever made.
  4. Signaholic Signaholic, 1 year ago
    This is the one, it is different from the newer ones that don't have the "GOSH" and "AHH". The newer ones without these phrases are basically worthless.
  5. MattyG MattyG, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love and great information signaholic. My neighbor has a consignment shop in what used to be the barn for my house, and he told me local racing legend Keith Kauffman's son dropped off 2 massive old Coca-Cola signs that were taking up too much room in their basement and had $20 on each of them. I could have rung his neck for not telling me, anyway they're gone : (
  6. MattyG MattyG, 1 year ago
    Thanks for all the loves MoonstoneLee, czechman, zguy2112, EJW-54, tommy, RonM, pickerknows and chevy59
  7. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    your very welcome MattyG :)