Vintage Pink and Raspberry Costume Brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Pins and Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Pins and Brooc…252 of 783Something old, once borrowed, and sometimes blueLarge Rhinestone Pin

Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Manikin

Vintage Pink and Raspberry Costume Brooch . Just one of my pieces I have collected it is large so I could photo it , Not to good at capturing a photo of my rings passed on to me from Great Grandmother , I am trying to get a good photo of them :-) Unsure of age of this brooch but it is a beautiful color .

Comments

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    Stunning :)
  2. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Very pretty!!!
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    By the look of the stones I would say it is a vintage Sherman brooch, they used only the finest stones and were made in Montreal and sold in such stores as Birks Jewelers. Not all of their pieces were marked.

4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Sherman is one of those designer costume jewelry companies, who's work is recognizable from across the room.

Gustave Sherman started producing high end costume jewelry in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1941. His work is characterized by best Swarovski stones, crystal beads and findings. He favored aurora borealis coatings and long marquise cut stones. Sherman used stunning navettes, chaton and baguette shaped stones with heavy plated rhodium, gold-tone or japanned settings. The settings are generally highly polished and meticulous. The stones are all prong set.

He often used striking and vivid color combinations. Sherman parures and demi parure are highly sought after by collectors.

Sherman Jewellery was sold through higher end jeweller's like Birks. Most pieces are signed "Sherman". We've had pieces that are unsigned with Sherman hanging tags and in Sherman boxes.
  5. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Very pretty
  6. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Love the colour!!!
  7. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
  8. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    @Phil . After looking at your link you seem right on with maker :-) Thank you my friend I appreciate link and you !***
  9. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Thoscahaba and valentino97 I appreciate you stopping at post and liking it :-)
  10. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Hey manikin I had a similar demi parure a while ago but I sold it. I think it was a brooch with earrings. They were green with yellow rhinestones. I will look if i haave kept any info on them. They were really high quality.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    @ newtimes it would be nice to see yours did you keep photo's ?
  12. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you ,walksoft (bro), Official ,fluffy,freiheit ,moon jr, musik and mike !** much appreciated
  13. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
  14. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Beautiful!! I think Phil is correct!! Oh my statue is Our Lady Le Leche! or milk! Jodie found the answer and I added 2 photos!!
  15. inky inky, 1 year ago
    You did a lovely job with this photo Manikin... it's lovely and I love it!...:-)
  16. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you inky for sweet compliment on photography :-) I appreciate it . Hope all is good with you and many many thanks for being a friend !**
  17. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Always Manikin!...:-)
  18. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Matty,budek,zowie,newtimes and toracat :-)
  19. otiamaria otiamaria, 1 year ago
    I saw your brooch, and immediately collapsed back on my sofa and let out a long, "Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!" I LIVE for finding pieces like this. The condition of the stones seems top notch, and the color is breathtakingly beautiful and delicate. LOVE this.
  20. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much otiamaria. I appreciate the comment . I have kept in cotton batting for years . I do not see and scratches or damage . I am glad it is a nice piece since I have cherished it . Glad to see you on my post too !****
  21. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 1 year ago
    There's some lovely costume jewelry about.
    This is beautiful, i love the colour.
  22. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you so much vintagefran !
  23. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you Aimathena, and sara :-) Much appreciated
  24. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you aldo78, @ otiamaria I appreciate your wonderful comment too ! :-)
  25. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 3 months ago