1960's rhinestone plastic pearl Vendome set

In Costume Jewelry > Rhinestone Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Rhinestone Costume Jewelry113 of 246Vintage blingblingLarge Costume Brooch with Aurora Borealis Crystals & Moonstone-Has NR Mark?

auraaura loves this.
MyFavoriteTreasuresMyFavoriteTreasures loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
Midnight1208Midnight1208 loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
ZowieZowie likes this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

valentino97

Pretty pearl and clear rhinestones on black back. Are they from 60's or 70's? Pin is approx. 2.25"x2" and ear clips are .75"x1". Maybe Diana Vreeland wore something like this buying groceries in NYC?

Comments

1. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 3 years ago
    Very elegant...love it!!! XOXOXO
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    Yes - they are. I wear them with a 1940's grey fitted jacket.

Thank you Sean, DrFluffy, Tony, vintagejewel and manikin for your love.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Simple elegance :-) love !***
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    Thank you manikin - you have many gorgeous items. I am sure you would wear it on best background garmet too....a friend who doesn't like old stuff gave these to me a few years ago. Aren't they wonderful?
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    valentino97,That's a nice friend you have :-) I wear vintage brooches on my hats and I love them there . I am a hat girl never leave house without one .
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    I don't see any hat pictures on CW so I guess they are personal in your collection....but I'd love to see a few w/some pins on them. Love to you! ....is this love? :-)
  7. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    I don't post new photo's of me on CW I like to be anonymous . I will look for one for you but on photo's you can't always see the brooch since no one was taking photo of hat and I have no professional shots :-)
  8. Newtimes Newtimes, 3 years ago
    I love the pearl in the middle.
    Nice personal picture valentino
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    Isn't this a fun set? Thank you Newtimes - your profile picture inspired me to update mine and I love this picture of Cumi Cloud and Bevo (the blue guy).
  10. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 3 months ago
    Lovely brooch set!!!
  11. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
    Thanks Ken - this is a really great set and I love it. Surprised me that they didn't get more loves but it might be my photos don't show how unique they are.
  12. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 3 months ago
    Oh this is so beautiful, Val, and I loved your idea of Diana Vreeland wearing this set shopping for groceries in New York, can't you just see it? :)
  13. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
    Thanks Katherine for your nice comment! Diana Vreeland loved big and bold jewels and interiors! I think she said something a long the lines.... "welcome to my living room in hell" referring to an interview in her red on red, pattern on pattern living room. She was so amazing. I enjoy researching her. She really loved fat, clunky and funky bangle bracelets too....
  14. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 3 months ago
    She and New York were perfect together. :)