made by westend watch co.

In Pocket Watches > Show & Tell.
Pocket Watches270 of 990pocket watchGreat-Grandfather's Pocket Watch

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 likes this.

Posted 12 months ago

theartist
(1 item)

Sorry I haven't a clue what type of pocket watch I have even the antique dealer could not tell me anything about this pocket watch. All I know about this watch, it's heavy. Made by Swiss in the name of the West End watch company in Switzerland. I don't know the age of the watch nor the history of this watch. I purchased it yesterday (07/25/2013) in New Orleans. I seen it in the window for 2 months maybe 3 and each day as I walked by to go to work I just felt this watch calling my name, I fell in love with this style and had to have it no matter the cost! The price was $399 but after taxes it came to $420. So that's all I can say at this time and hope that you admire my watch as much as I do!

Comments

1. theartist, 12 months ago
    Please help me find out the age of this watch and history! Thanks in advance!
  2. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 12 months ago
    I would return it tomorrow and buy one for ten dollars on ebay. Most of these glass ball pocket watches are from China. I saw every brand imaginable at a bizzar in Iraq. Age only about a year old.

Good luck,

T A
  3. Bruce99 Bruce99, 12 months ago
    Hello 'theartist' and welcome to CW. I really don't know much about pocket watches as I prefer to collect antique clocks. There are a lot of very knowledgeable watch collectors here so perhaps you'll get some help soon. Take care.
  4. theartist, 12 months ago
    Wow $10 bucks! But my pocket watch say swiss made in itnot made in China! Thanks Bruce that's encouraging can't wait to see the response I'll receive.
  5. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 12 months ago
    Actually yours is wiss made... China puts those little oval gold foil labels that say Made in China. So easy to remove. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Work-CHINESE-good-BRASS-GLASS-pocket-watch-BALL-clock-12-/111125352689?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item19df9650f1

China has no respect for trademarks, especially western brands.

Stop by: The Watch & Clock Shop
    824 Gravier Street
    New Orleans LA. 70112
    PH: 504-525-3961

T A
  6. tempusfigit, 12 months ago
    Yep it's that famous Chinese movement inside.
    This watch has nothing to do with Switzerland.
    I have one with a HMT movement from India and it says Roskopf on the dial.
  7. theartist, 12 months ago
    TubeAmp I will find this shop and see they say and get back to you. Thanks for the information.
  8. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 12 months ago
    TheArtist: I am not happy you were deceived. I really want to see you to get your money back. You can even contact the real West End Watch Co. Via email, send them your photos: http://www.westendwatchco.ch/?p=f

Take care,

T A
  9. theartist, 12 months ago
    I did send them email and I am awaiting for their input!
  10. theartist, 12 months ago
    Hey tubeamp, I went to this site and it gave much information about the swiss watches. Go to:
    It was very interesting truths and facts.
  11. TubeAmp TubeAmp, 12 months ago
    That has nothing to do with what you have. Even a Swiss Fake pocket watch would be a much higher grade piece than what you purchased--NO COMPARISON!

Your's is a Chinese counterfeit. Go get your money back!

T A