don't know what thees are?little pins

In Medals Pins and Badges > Show & Tell.
Medals Pins and Badges227 of 434more unknown pinsSwimming Awards

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

lilbevey

thees are cool they are maybe from war or sea or something else not sure any ideas?? i really have no ideas as to what or were thees are from other than they came with a bag of jewelry i bought

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Well for one I love them for two they are Enamel & I cannot say about the gold as am not sure there, but I think you will find the one with the opera I would say was from a opera buff the same thing with the horse ones. Unless you are a collector of these types of pins you only usually buy if that is what you are into.
  2. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    OPEA is initials for a company or organization member. They are lapel pins for a club or company I would say ?
    Some idea's
    OPEA Oklahoma Public Employees Association
    OPEA Oak Park Education Association (Michigan)
    OPEA Ontario Professional Engineers Awards (Canada)
    OPEA Outdoor Power Equipment Association
    OPEA Oklahoma Palomino Exhibitors Association
    OPEA Oregon Professional Electronics Association
    OPEA Office of Planning Evaluation and Analysis
  3. mrcolorz mrcolorz, 1 year ago
    Join me on Facebook...Ellsworth Maine History Detectives...
  4. lilbevey lilbevey, 1 year ago
    thanks all !! : )
  5. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 1 year ago
    Manikin, you are assuming those letters on the first one are from the Latin alphabet, as used in English; but versions of those letters appear in the Cyrillic alphabet, as used in Russian, and which appear in the second item. Since these items seem to be of the same manufacture, and from the same source, My best guess is that those letters are actually Cyrillic. If you look at the A, there is no horizontal line between the slanting lines.

Of course that does not get us closer to an answer, except that they may originate in one of several countries that use the Cyrillic alphabet
  6. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Chris I did ask on 2nd post if it was in Russian . I agree not in English :-) But still seem to be for a member of something (Military to a company ,club or a lodge ?)
  7. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 1 year ago
    Hi Manikin, I hope I didn't come off as a jerk. Re-reading my post I realize I may have, and if so, sorry.

I'm doubting these are military, but IF soviet, possibly a government sponsored organization like the young pioneers? Only speculating at this point.
  8. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    @Chris all is cool :-)
  9. lilbevey lilbevey, 1 year ago
    thanks all ; )
  10. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    lilbevey I don't mean to confuse has been a couple of days since being here I just thought with the pin at the back they were. See more to learn