National Washboard company "Invincible"

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen1049 of 3307Grand gas parlor stove/bathroom heaterROYAL DOULTON - ENGLAND

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
parealtor313parealtor313 loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
AzTomAzTom loves this.
cworkcwork loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
ATTWOODATTWOOD loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

filmnet

Very Cute found in our cellar 14" tall damage on wood, anymore info about these, cant read the number on the crack I don't collect them.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
    I have these in several sizes and they are washing boards late 1800's . You would scrub clothes against them . More for use in house for smaller items . I think they make great decorative pieces now . Nice find .
  2. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 12 months ago
    I believe your board, the Invincible is No 815 and made with a crimper machine from the looks. Older ones were hand hammered. You won't find a great deal of information on national. The parent company was Saginaw Mfg. which made wooden barrels. Around the turn of the century they branched out and National Washboard Co. was born. I believe there is still a Facebook page for National. The hand hammered boards are quite valuable as washboards go and so are the ones made of glass. Glass was used during the war years due to a shortage of metals. We have two or three left, they make nice decorations and can be fun when given as a gag gift. Believe it or not I can remember my grandmother using one during the 1950's before she got her wringer washer.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
    I had one that had a colbalt blue glass scrubber , I don't know what I have done with it , maybe sold years ago at yard sale but I loved the blue glass in it . :-)
  4. ralph ralph, 11 months ago
    I played the washboard in a skiffle group in the 1950s when I worked on the QUEEN MARY.
  5. filmnet filmnet, 11 months ago