Share your favorites on Show & Tell

CHAS MORRIll Hand tools

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Recent activity173147 of 174499Electric Elevated TrainAntique Sideboard
Love it
Like it

JamesJames likes this.
Savoychina1Savoychina1 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(2 items)

I found one of these on the internet but i can't find the other one and they look like something that would work together flea market pick

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. TheOldGreybeard, 6 years ago
    these tools appear to be "saw sets" they are used to put the "set" in saw teeth. Each alternating tooth is bent slightly to one side of the blade or the other, so the kerf is wider than the blade. This keeps the saw from binding as the cut deepens. I have one of these that my father used for maintaining his hand saws. I do not believe they are used together, as the tool was turned around to do the other side. I could be wrong about that though...
  2. toolate2 toolate2, 6 years ago
    I agree with TheOldGreybeard. We've always called them "tooth setters."
  3. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 6 years ago
    Really cool to learn new stuff.Can you imagine just what our Grandfathers would have accomplished if they could have gone down to Home Depot and bought a new blade instead of resetting the teeth and sharpening the old one!


Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.