Remembering The World Trade Center

In Postcards > Real Photo Postcards > Show & Tell.
Real Photo Postcards29 of 206Oddfellows Parade Sept. 18, 1912, Winnipeg ManitobaVintage Postcard 2 men posing with dolls . Circa 1920's? Odd one

EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
ATTWOODATTWOOD loves this.
charcoalcharcoal loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

PhilDavidA…

This week I have been working on my old photos, which were made into postcards. I worked in New York for a while where I was creating postcards mainly back in the early 1980's. I loved going to the WTC and had a friend who worked in the gift shop on the 70th floor and also a chef who also worked there in the restaurant. A lot of hard work went into the photos sometimes I was hanging from helicopters.

I shared this first photo on my Aminus3 site and won a color spotlight award for my photo of the WTC. Sharing a couple other photos also.

Comments

1. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago

2. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 9 months ago
    very cool Phil,..I bet you have a wall full of awards... ;-) I remeber swoping home from North Carolina..on long weekends watch those wtc's being built as we scooting up the highway 95 headed for NH...
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thanks Roy, appreciate the comment. That must have been something to see that from your car - awesome !~
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    Thanks for posting these amazing and beautiful images- just GORGEOUS. You are so talented - hate to think of you hanging from a helicopter - please don't do that again unless you have someone holding on to you. Wow your photos are so beautiful!
  5. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 9 months ago
    These photos are amazing and I just got tears in my eyes thinking about the beautiful WTC. I visited WTC on my very first trip to NY in 1992 and still remember the thrill.
  6. BHock45 BHock45, 9 months ago
    wow. Spectacular. Love these! I used to be able to see the towers from this one hill in my town. We used to go look at them all the time from there. The skyline is not the same. Thanks for posting with out them!
  7. bratjdd bratjdd, 9 months ago
    Amazing!!! Thank you for sharing them.
  8. fledermaus fledermaus, 9 months ago
    Congratulations! These are amazing and evocative. Do you have a web site?
  9. fledermaus fledermaus, 9 months ago
    Silly me, just read the posts.
  10. AmberRose AmberRose, 9 months ago
    Fantastic Phil, really well done. Sounds like it was a blast to take them too.
  11. musikchoo musikchoo, 9 months ago
    I Really Love These Phil !!
  12. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you Valentino97 for the visit, appreciated love !~
  13. Manikin Manikin, 9 months ago
    Your work speaks for it's self . Now about hanging out of helicopters for a photo take real courage or a man with his heart in his work. The later seems to be the reason . So much talent and I see why you miss NYC . Love this post and sorry I missed it till now ! BIG love on these xo
  14. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you charcoal for the love, very appreciative !~
  15. walksoftly walksoftly, 9 months ago
    As always Phil, beautiful images!
  16. kerry10456 kerry10456, 9 months ago
    These are some of my favorite works by you, I've seen thus far. I bet there are many more of great shots you've captured. Thanks for sharing and loved the link also. very impressed!!
  17. Zowie Zowie, 9 months ago
    So much talent know wonder I'm on here to learn there is just so much all over the board. Great good & I'm glad it was you hanging out of the helicopter & not me.
  18. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you ATTWOOD for the love, much appreciated !~
  19. nldionne nldionne, 9 months ago
    Beautiful Phil.
  20. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you BHock45 for the wonderful note and for the love, much appreciated !~
  21. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you bratjdd for the compliment and for the love, very appreciated !~
  22. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you vetraio50 for the love, appreciated !~
  23. inky inky, 9 months ago
    Fantastic Phil...:-)
  24. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you mikelv85 and SEAN68 for the loves, appreciated !~
  25. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you fledermaus and AmberRose for the comments and for the love, very much appreciated !~
  26. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    thank you musikchoo for the comment and love and LeahGoodwin for the love, very much appreciated !~
  27. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you Roycroftbooksfromme1 for the cool comment and for the love, much appreciated !~
  28. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you Manikin, Kerry, and David, 3 of my favourite people, for the nice comments and for the love, which I send back to y'all !~
  29. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Zowie for the love and the very nice comments, much appreciated !~
  30. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you DrFluffy for the comment and for the love, very appreciated !~
  31. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you petey for the love, appreciated !~
  32. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you gargoylecollector for the love, most appreciated !~
  33. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you nldionne for the love, very appreciated !~
  34. Zowie Zowie, 8 months ago
    My pleasure & it's a pity unpleasant things like this makes us all learn the bigger picture in life. Good luck to you stay safe
  35. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Chi-Treasures for the love, very appreciated !~
  36. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Budek for the love, appreciated !~
  37. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you aeon for the like !~
  38. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 8 months ago
    Beautiful works of art, Phil! Hope you're having a nice summer!
  39. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you inky for the love !~
  40. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    thank you czechman for the love, very appreciated !~
  41. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Eye4Beauty for the love, very appreciated !~
  42. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Bernie for the love, much appreciated !
  43. RonM RonM, 8 months ago
    We used to go to the Brooklyn Promenade.I was always awe struck by the view. Great pics PhilDavid
  44. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you RonM, the view from Brooklyn could not be beat, shame though how the skyline had to change so drastically. Phil.
  45. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you SpunkysMom for the love, much appreciated.
  46. kerry10456 kerry10456, 8 months ago
    Back to the top.... Phil, just keep coming back to this posting. LOVE it
    Kerry
  47. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you pops52 for the love, always appreciated and right back at you !~
  48. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you chevy59 for the love, very much appreciated !~
  49. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you RonM for the love, much appreciated !~
  50. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thanks Kerry10456 for the love, much appreciated.
  51. kerry10456 kerry10456, 7 months ago
    As today marks the anniversary of the destruction of the Towers, Thought I'd bring this photo of Phil's back to the top. Thanks again Phil for sharing this wonderful and colorful photo .
    Kerry
  52. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 7 months ago
    Today at work my team will fall silent at 8:46 a.m...
  53. freiheit freiheit, 7 months ago
    I just spent an hour talking to my students about this event even though we should have covered a different topic - but I feel that it is important to remember; I still remember the day as if it was yesterday! It has changed the world as we knew it. Very sad indeed:(
  54. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you for remembering as we all are today SEAN68, Eye4Beauty, undreal, & geo26egeo26e !~
  55. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks Kerry, for the remembrance again today, very appreciated !~
  56. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks freiheit, it is always important to remember, I did not know you were a teacher. I still have a lot of newspaper and memorial magazines printed about this very important day in history. It is important we never forget, especially since a lot of us lost friends and family in that tragedy !~
  57. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you DrFluffy for the comment today, appreciated !~
  58. Zowie Zowie, 7 months ago
    I'm sorry PhilDavidAlexanderMorris even if your photo's are wonderful & you received prizes for them the pain that must of come with them at times must be overbearing for you & many more people. But as we know in times like this it brings the good & bad out of all people it's called human nature. In the end it's hoe we deal with it. Stay stronge & remember the good in these people not what caused there demise hopefully that will ease some of the pain. My best wishes to you & all that was affected by this tragedy.
  59. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you Zowie for the wonderful message you shared today !~
  60. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you Moonstonelover21 and Manikin for the loves.
  61. pickrknows pickrknows, 7 months ago
    Remembering in our own way here at my workplace today. Every year I bring in the 9-11 movie by Jules and Gideon Gaudet, two Canadian documentary filmmakers who actually got the only footage of the first plane to hit the towers.
    It's a powerful reminder to all of us about the tragic loss, and an important reminder to all junior firefighters how quickly a life changing event can occur.
    Today we remember the 343 FDNY brothers we lost, and all the civilians that they tried to save that ended up perishing, and the people that are alive today that they did help save.
    Never forget.
  62. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    A sad day for sure in NYC today, I can just imagine. What was lost can never be replaced. Thank you Bernie for the input, I am glad that the 4th airplane did not hit any buildings that day, and the people who were heroes on that flight, going down fighting !~
  63. Zowie Zowie, 7 months ago
    I truley hope it helped some as i have know to much lose in my life thankfully not in this way, but a lose of someone you love is still the same no matter how it occured. My biggest loose was in 1976 when I was pregant with my first child & had only been married 18mths the lose of my sons father will never leave me it just gets put on the back burner untill something happens & comes & bites me on the b.. then it feels like it was on yesterday so I handle it by remembering what little good times we had together it helps me get through. In this case out of all the ugleyness the beauty & stronge bonds that were made & I beleive there were a lot. Try & keep getting stronger thats all we have.
  64. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Good advice Zowie, and you are right, it does remind one of all the losses they have endured during all of our lives.
  65. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks gargoylecollector and LeahGoodwin for the loves, very appreciated !~
  66. Zowie Zowie, 7 months ago
    As you said thankfully the courage of the people in the fourth plane didn't hit anything so the saved so many lives apart from there own, the one thing there family have they can walk around with there heads held high because of there bravery. Keep doing your wonderfull work & bring to us all the good things that happen it helps to compensate for all the bad. You do a magnificent job & hope you get reckonised for more of your work. BE PROUD
  67. LeahGoodwin LeahGoodwin, 7 months ago
    My pleasure, Phil. I'm a admirer of your very talented work.
  68. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks again for the compliment Leah, and you can bet that all I do is envy your collection of glass !!~
  69. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks Zowie, I am proud of what we all have accomplished here on this site, and thank you for the very sweet comment, right back at you !~
  70. Zowie Zowie, 7 months ago
    No thank you Phil i just hope i could help in my own way.
  71. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thanks Mani, hope you are fine today XO
  72. Manikin Manikin, 7 months ago
    Thanks Phil :-) And thanks for the great photo for my timeline :-)
  73. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you pickrknows for the love, much appreciated !
  74. Thoscahaba Thoscahaba, 7 months ago
    Today, I spent the day in the field with soldiers . Men and women in their twenties and thirties. A force of warriors who responded to the call to keep us safe. To preserve our lives and freedoms. For all the negative things I've heard about this generation, they have earned the right to be recognized as the first all volunteer force to fight in a war for America . I encourage each of you as you remember the tragedy of day in history, please don't forget the Americans still fighting the good fight. They are willing to sacrifice for you. I hope everyone has sometime in their life that they believe in this passionately.
  75. smiata smiata, 7 months ago
    I just want to say Thank you for sharing such beautiful and inspiring photos on such a day. The memory of what happened forever ingrained in our minds almost makes us forget the beauty of the skyline before 9-11. Thank you for just giving us a beautiful memory. These are priceless!!!
  76. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you seamorelilfoot for the love, very appreciated !~
  77. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you smiata for the wonderful comment and the love, I appreciate your words !~
  78. vetraio50 vetraio50, 7 months ago
    Thanks again Phil!
  79. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you vetraio50 for visiting again !~
  80. artislove artislove, 7 months ago
    thanks for good memories...!!
  81. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you artislove for the love and comment, much appreciated !~
  82. Signaholic, 7 months ago
    I can't say it any better than smiata did! Well done Phil
  83. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you Signaholic for the comment and the love !~
  84. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 7 months ago
    Thank you for the loves toracat & Signaholic, much appreciated !~
  85. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 6 months ago
    Thank you much for the loves Budek & tom61375, most appreciated !~
  86. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 6 months ago
    Thanks GMG for the love, very much appreciated !~
  87. fenwiki fenwiki, 5 months ago
    Devastating to the people of New York and the world !
  88. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 months ago
    Thank you for the comments and love aghcollect, jonideco, fenwiki, vintagecar-mascot
  89. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 months ago
    Hey Phil, Very nice photos, (as usual)! I especially like the first one. Looks awesome with the twilight look and the reflections on the water. Very, very talented! Talk to you later, Thrifty
  90. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 months ago
    Thank you Thrifty, I appreciate your comment as I always do. Very, very kind of you.
  91. trunkman trunkman, 3 months ago
    Amazing photos Phil.. such nice work you do...