Pixie Girl Bookend

In Art Deco > Show & Tell and Books > Bookends > Show & Tell.
Art Deco685 of 1999Julius Paul & SohnPIQUOT K3 KETTLE ART DECO ORIGINAL

nldionnenldionne loves this.
smiatasmiata loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

PhilDavidA…

Another metal art deco pixie bookend, these were designed first in 1927 by Henri Fugere. This was a single item which I buy also but usually come in pairs. Fugere was born in 1872 and died in 1944. He studied with Barrias, Cavelier, Peusch, etc and exhibited at The Salon, Paris.

See my other listings of these items in pairs.

This one was all black and the paint job does not seem worn out as much as aged. It has the metal bottom that is painted black probably to look like marble. The figure has a very nice aged paint look which is in excellent shape, nearly unblemished.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Another beauty Phil ! What is she made of ? How tall ? She makes a great addition to your collection :-)
  2. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Here is one missing her face and book . The book appears to be molded into the hands of your's so how could it be gone ? Also it appears the faces were separate from sculpt as this one is missing her face . Very interesting Phil . I love these girls . I saw a few that sold in pairs in red for $1200 !
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks mani for the love and comment/ She is 7 1/4 inches high by about 6 inches.
  4. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Phil the link I had was for a signed pair , you were wondering if they were still being made . I don't see any mention of these girls being signed other than the one I had a link to :-) I thought that might be clue to the question xoxo
  5. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the heads up Phil!
  6. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Great post Phil...love yours!...:-)
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Manikin for the love and the comments, very appreciated !~
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much for the love, vetraio50, toolate2, and czechman, most appreciated !~
  9. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Moonstonelover21 for the love, very appreciated !~
  10. tombraider, 1 year ago
    she is beautiful I love her costume :)
  11. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you smiata for the love, appreciated !~
  12. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you nldionne for the love, very appreciated !~
  13. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you DrFluffy for the love, very appreciated !~
  14. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    Bookends usually do most unusual but that is appealing. Well done
  15. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Zowie for the comment !~
  16. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Vintagefran for the love, highly appreciated !~
  17. toolate2 toolate2, 1 year ago
    Love this Phil! Looks like a Pixie duel...lol...
  18. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Love the new photo you did Phil working your magic ! Incredible a show stopper !xo
  19. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    That's okay they are unusual to me
  20. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you toolate2 for the comment and for the love, much appreciated !~
  21. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Mani for the comment, yes tried to rework the photos a bit !~
  22. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    great posting Phil, love the photo depiction in first photo
  23. pickrknows pickrknows, 1 year ago
    Great photo enhansement Phil, very artistic as always! And a very cool pixie too!
  24. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Amazing first photo Phil...love it!...:-)
  25. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Amazing!!!
  26. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you inky for the love and comment and thank you gargoylecollector for the love, very appreciated !~
  27. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for the loves, very appreciated musikchoo, Chi-Treasures, tombraider, & pops52 !~
  28. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for the love DrFluffy & AmberRose, much appreciated !~
  29. SpunkysMom SpunkysMom, 1 year ago
    Beautiful, Phil! You're a very gifted photographer!
  30. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Spunkys Mom, I try to give some oomph to the photos, the last pic is my TV room/studio !~
  31. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you charcoal for the love, appreciated !~
  32. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Kerry for the love and the comment, most appreciated !~
  33. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you pickrknows for the love, much appreciated !~
  34. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you bratjdd for the love, appreciated 1~
  35. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the comment Lee !~
  36. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks very much for the love sarahoff, very much appreciated !~
  37. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    This picture ...great ...your picture of you in your sitting room is very cool, love the rug & tv.......
  38. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Love the photo of you but what are you watching :-) very nice Phil , Love the new look !
  39. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    I am watching my 1959 Philco Predicta television, Star Trek was on !~
  40. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Gary for the compliment, very appreciated !~
  41. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you petey for the love, very much thank you !~
  42. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Phil - she's gorgeous and your pictures as always inspiring! Love seeing a little of you and your life too!
  43. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Leah for the love, much appreciated !~
  44. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you SpunkysMom for the comment and for the love, and visit !
  45. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Moonstonelover21 for the love, much appreciated !
  46. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you peteeone for the love, very nice of you to stop by !~
  47. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you lundy for the love, much appreciated !~
  48. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you Valentino97 for the love, appreciated and right back at you !~
  49. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you geo26e for the love !~
  50. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you Moonstonelover21 for the love, appreciated !~
  51. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you petey for the love, very appreciated !~
  52. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you Radegunder for the love, and right back at you !~
  53. Signaholic Signaholic, 12 months ago
    Great 4th shot Phil! Greta looking down at the old Philco set too.
  54. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you hippychik for the love, much appreciated !~
  55. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Thank you Signaholic for the love, much appreciated ~
  56. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    Thanks for the love Aimathena, & vanskyock24 !~
  57. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    Thanks Roycroftbooksfromme1 for the love, much appreciated !~
  58. tom61375 tom61375, 11 months ago
    This reminds me of the 1927 movie Metropolis! Love it!
  59. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    Thanks aldo78 for the loves, always appreciate you stopping by !~
  60. Dizzydave Dizzydave, 11 months ago
    I sold a desk lamp with double hand blown globes a few yrs back with same pixie reading book between the to lily vine rods that held the shades. I think it went for 650.00 back then to a couple in Florida!
  61. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    Thank you AboundingOddities for the love, appreciated !
  62. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    Thank you tom61375 for the love and the nice comment !~
  63. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    Thank you so kindly for the loves Hedgewalker, Dizzydave, & Glasseyed !~Phil
  64. Zowie Zowie, 9 months ago
    Hi Phil you know I love that's for all your help that first photo you did for me was going to put them both up there so the difference can be seen but it looks as if they have both changed. Also thanks for fixing the other ones for me. Take really good care you never know you may end up in Cairns Australia sometime & could meet. Life is short you never can tell what will happen. At the moment were I am I cannot put anyone up as no room. until then if there is some other way I can help any of my friends I'll do my best.
  65. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 9 months ago
    You are most welcome Zowie, always glad to help you !~
  66. Zowie Zowie, 9 months ago
  67. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Thank you Manikin for the love, love sent back, and the beautiful comments !~XOX
  68. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    I am going to have to do a video of these :-) xoxo
  69. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    That would be great - I am still getting 3 more deliveries of these before Christmas I expect.
  70. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    I will wait till all your expected ones come in and you give me a song . Just sing it to me I will figure out the name of it :-) These are far to wonderful to not have a page for them to share . We are going to get hit with big snowfall they say for next 2 days . I think Alaska is warmer . If you don't see me I left to visit my friend in Australia or South Africa both are having summer right now :-)
  71. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 5 months ago
    Mani I just bought a smaller one from an auction in england with no globe. When it arrives I will post.
  72. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 months ago
    S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!

\w/ O \w/
  73. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 24 days ago
    Thank you for the loves bratjdd, jonideco, leanna25, artdecogirl, anastasianikol, vintagecarmascot, and paultempler !~