1950's Coca-Cola 16" Disc (Button) Sign

In Coca-Cola > Coca Cola Signs > Show & Tell and Signs > Tin Signs > Show & Tell.
Coca Cola Signs113 of 698coca cola signCoca Cola difrutas sign 24x35

sugargirlsugargirl loves this.
AntigueToysAntigueToys loves this.
SpriteboySpriteboy loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Daddy_Nobu…

The button signs are hot items on eBay currently. But good deals are out there for the patient and sharp-eyed collector. I picked up this 16 incher off a BIN for $250 delivered. The listing was active a total of 2-1/2 minutes before I closed the deal. I peg condition as excellent, some minor surface abrasions and scuffs, nothing to speak of into the paint. Petretti's and earlycoke.com price guides put value right around 400. But the 16" discs do yield a premium. They are very popular because they fit the pilaster signs. And mine hangs atop one now in The Coke Cave.

Good times, great finds.

Dave

Comments

1. Signaholic Signaholic, 11 months ago
    Atta Boy Dave!
  2. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    Thanks Perry. The buttons are cool. You really don't see these in brands other than Coca-Cola, at least I haven't. They are uniquely Coke.
  3. Cola_Coca_Man, 11 months ago
    Incredible, I’m trying to think of something different to say other than how clean, perfect, and minty your collection is… I’m lost.

Have always liked the way the “fishtail” shape breaks up the geometry of the disks (and there’s nothing wrong with those disks!)

I just noticed your Disk Calendar, always thought that to be one of the nicest little things Coke put out.

Great Stuff..... thanks.
  4. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    Thanks Cola_Coca_Man. I'm fond of the arciform (fishtail) logo myself. I appreciate the kind words. I'm still marveling at your old porcelain signs. Some of the coolest Coca-Cola signage I've seen.
  5. pickrknows pickrknows, 11 months ago
    Awesome Dave, another great score buddy!!
  6. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    Thanks Bernie, always nice to hear from you. Hope it's going good.
  7. pickrknows pickrknows, 11 months ago
    Dave, if things were any better I'd be you!!! Hope you are having a stellar summer pal !
  8. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    You sure do look like you're doing just fine, pickrknows. We're a couple lucky guys obviously. Yep, trying to squeeze a little more fun out of this old summer. Hope you're having a good one too.