FRENCH WW1 SILK & EMBROIDERED POSTCARDS

In Postcards > War Postcards > Show & Tell and Postcards > Silk Postcards > Show & Tell.
War Postcards12 of 84Hard To Find German Postcard 1935FRAULEIN LEUTNANT, WWI!

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
lundylundy loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

ATTWOOD

OOOOOO LA LA! What a find. These World war 1 postcards were just part of some memorabilia sent home to "mother'.
After reading them and finding a bible with a death notice referring to a "23 year old coming home injured having total paralysis and a cot case">>>Yes describing the man as a cot case must have meant he was infirmed and confined to bed.Imagine putting that in death notice now...
Also some art work done by the man.I will post these later.
Silk hankies with insignia sold to troops and a beautiful silk piece from Cairo Egypt and on 1 of the p[oscards it reads "I found this for you in the markets in Cairo Mum."
Also a bullet with his discharge which I presume was the bullet came out of this man...Maybe or maybe not, but it looks like it could have.

Comments

1. scottvez scottvez, 1 year ago
    I love these also. They come in an amazing variety. Tanks, aviation and unit designated ones are especially desirable.

Thanks for sharing your collection!

scott
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Great condition!
  3. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    And I have to say...poor fellow.
  4. janedis, 9 months ago
    I am putting on an exhibition in Octyober/November 2014. If I paid for carriage would you be prepared to lend me your collection of embroidered WW1 sweetheart postcards? I would take great care of them. I think you are in Australia, yes?
    Jan
  5. walksoftly walksoftly, 9 months ago
    Not sure how I missed these, they are fantastic!
  6. ATTWOOD ATTWOOD, 9 months ago
    janedis,I do not own these as I found in my girlfiends unit cleaning for a move.I am going to preserve them for her and I don't think I can ask to lend them sorry but I can take photos and send you.I am going to be doing the history of the soldier for her when I get back from holidays in May.
  7. Virginia.vintage Virginia.vintage, 5 months ago