Share your favorites on Show & Tell

"A" Form - what is it?

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware9667 of 9815Old Barn PulleyWhat was this tool used for?
Love it
Like it

mrcolorzmrcolorz loves this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 12 years ago

    (1 item)

    I am trying to figure out what this piece is, inherited from my father. At one time, I think I remember someone saying it was a hat frame. It was picked up in Connecticut, I believe. Definitely an antique. Can someone please tell me what this is? I love the piece, and would like to research the history of such a form but having a hard time knowing where to start! One of the great things about it, is that it looks like the letter "A" and my Dad's name was Arnold. Now that my parents have passed, I don't know the information on this piece and would like to find out. Thank you!

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    1/4" Chamfer Guide for a Stanley No...
     Lot of (20} old - vintage - antique keys
    Lot of (20} old - vintage - antiqu...
    One Pair of RESTORED Antique Glass Crystal Door Knobs- Many Available!
    One Pair of RESTORED Antique Glass ...
    WORKSITE WT3940 Woodworking Jack Plane Hand Planer Shaver Carpenter Woodcraft
    WORKSITE WT3940 Woodworking Jack Pl...
    1/4" Chamfer Guide for a Stanley No...
    See all


    1. Libs Libs, 12 years ago
      Thank you Jason! I'll keep researching it -- I wonder what kind of "jig" it was, and to hold what in place. Thanks for your help!
    2. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 10 months ago
      Depending on its actual size (that you don't share with us) I'll guess it once held a (probably sorta small) swinging bell, along with further parts that aren't seen/shown/existing with it now...??

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.