Posted 7 years ago
What a surprise to find out that the brooch that I had bought, as I thought was made of Vulcanite but in my opinion it is one of the so-called Silesian Iron jewelry. Diameter approx. 4.5 cm Weight: 10 gr.
A big surprise, it meets to any requirements.
I put all the characteristics of authentic Berlin Iron jewelry in a row for you. That can only help if you want to know if you are indeed dealing with this type of jewelry:
• Magnetic, so iron
• Often black lacquered, sometimes grey or bronze
• Feels cold
• Light in weight
• Components of the brooch are not welded but sit with rings together
• The stem is extremely long and brooches has c-clasps
• The c-clasp and hinge are fixed by means of rings
• Has sharp edges
• Has no blurry edges
• The surface must be fine–grained
All the above mentioned factors indicate at least on a very old piece and almost certainly share in the iron berlin jewelry.
Which of you can tell me more? I'm very curious to hear your answer !!