Celluloid bangles circa 1950's-60's Japan

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Bracelets > Show & Tell and Asian > Show & Tell.
Costume Bracelets331 of 542Vintage Gold BraceletsVintage Ciner Lapis Lazuli Bead Jeweled Horse Clasp Bracelet

freiheitfreiheit loves this.
mackay1stmackay1st loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

valentino97

Pretty and in their time pretty cheap! Still not TOO expensive. But like most old plastics they will be rare soon. Mine are 1" wide bangles from Japan. They can be brittle so handle w/care.

Salmon, multi-pastel and lavendars are more desirable. I've seen dark colors too but don't know as much about those colors since I rarely see them in person (only online lately).

Also similar in my collection are sturdier items made in France 1930's and later. I have a multi-color pastel heart clip and a button/buckle set to post later.

I love these though. I can imagine a housewife picking these because she couldn't afford the real ivory items.

logo
    Costume Bracelets
    VINTAGE ITALIAN ORANGE AMBER LUCITE ACRYLIC 25mm. WIDE BANGLE BRACELET V735
    VINTAGE ITALIAN ORANGE AMBER LUCITE...
    $9
    RETRO VINTAGE MAZER GOLD PLATE SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL RHINESTONE BRACELET
    RETRO VINTAGE MAZER GOLD PLATE SAPP...
    $40
    Vtg Signed Crown Trifari LOrient Turquoise Rhinestone Blue Enamel Bracelet
    Vtg Signed Crown Trifari LOrient Tu...
    $25
    RARE VINTAGE TRIFARI GOLD PLT TURQUOISE GLASS FLOWER RHINESTONE FLOWER BRACELET
    RARE VINTAGE TRIFARI GOLD PLT TURQU...
    $61
    logo
    VINTAGE ITALIAN ORANGE AMBER LUCITE ACRYLIC 25mm. WIDE BANGLE BRACELET V735
    VINTAGE ITALIAN ORANGE AMBER LUCITE...
    $9

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 7 years ago
      Thank you Racer and Amber for your love and yes - Amber, so many on internet but I would rather see them up close to decide if they are right. I know you agree.
    2. kyratango kyratango, 7 years ago
      Fake plastic bracelets exist???!! Imagine next century they will make counterfait fake plastic items, LOL.
      Would like to get a nice salmon one, but... feel those on line too expensive or too common :-/
      Yours are a delight for the eyes!
    3. Newtimes Newtimes, 7 years ago
      I love them! I own only one like that. You just dont find them here in Belgium.
      I just bough a great green bakelite bangle though. I will try to post my finds soon.
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 7 years ago
      Kyratango you are right - most online are the common styles. I missed a salmon one a few months ago that was only $10. My kinda price! Yep, next century....unless our grandkids melt it all down for some type of smart phone app...even the scratchiest bad plastic will be special.
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 7 years ago
      Thank you Newtimes - look forward to your new bakelite. There's a lot of this here. The center one still has the Made in Japan sticker.

Thank you friends: AGH!, racer, Phil, Elisabeth, mackay, mike, geo, and dear Moonstone!!
    6. freiheit freiheit, 6 years ago
      How could I have missed these beauties??? I have some, too, but even though you say that the coloured ones could be more valuable I find the plain ones much more elegant and charming. I really love yours!
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 6 years ago
      Thank you Gudrun - I posted them over the weekend when everyone was BBQing w/friends? Then, Sunday I went to a BBQ that lasts 26 hours!! Wow, last time I did that was 30 yrs ago! True we all crashed about 4 hours....then up for mimosas. Party w/my rockabilly friends. I wore a armload of red bakelite and Lucite AND I could have piled it on more - others did. But no I was not jealous of anyone's collection. I just wished I would have worn all my best red instead of being "lady-like". Anyway - thank you!

yes the color is elegant isn't it? In the first picture you can see a dark "dirt" spot, which could be lotion, perfume....just plain dirt! I didn't clean them but would w/a toothbrush & mild shampoo combination.
    8. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 6 years ago
      How cool, my mom has one of these! Just like the one on the left. I thought she got hers in the 60's from Spain. hmmm
    9. valentino97 valentino97, 6 years ago
      That could be true Share - tourist items?
    10. freiheit freiheit, 5 years ago
      I had another look: They are soooo beautiful!
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks my friend - yours are darn cool too! I can't believe I posted this a year ago. Where does the time go?
    12. freiheit freiheit, 5 years ago
      You are, as always, very kind. Thanks!
      Yes, were does the time go? My grandma always said that times goes faster when you are older. I guess she was correct:(
      I've been on this site for over two years now. When I first started, I was soooo intimidated by all the other members. I still am but I really enjoy the friendly way people relate to each other.
      Have a wonderful day!
      Gudrun
    13. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 5 years ago
      Love again!!!
    14. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 5 years ago
      New to me, I wasn't on here a year ago -- beautiful!!
    15. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      These are so beautiful!
    16. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
      Share and katherine - thank you for loving comments years ago! Eileen - thanks also for your comment. Of all my great plastic, these are my last favorite items. I like the salmon colored celluloid much better.

Thanks everyone for your loves!