Art Nouveau silver pendant

In Fine Jewelry > Art Nouveau Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Nouveau Jewelry183 of 269Silver and Turquoise Buckle by the Birmingham Guild of HandicraftsArchibald Knox Model 500/95 for Liberty & Co, 1904

NewfldNewfld loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
BelleEpoqueBelleEpoque loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.

Peasejean55

This is a very recent buy for me. I fell in love with this lovely old pendant immediately I saw it.
    Unfortunately it is not marked Silver or has a makers mark.
    Looking at the pendant it's been around for many a year, my feeling, is that it is Art Nouveau.
    It has silver tendrils and leaves around a central natural Turquoise stone. The design also features either Mother of Pearl or Pearl cabochons. It has a simple bale and measures 25mm in diameter and the bale adds another 8mm in height.
    Many thanks for looking.

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Art Nouveau Jewelry
    1915's Antique Art Nouveau 14k Yellow Gold Diamond & Pearl 16" Necklace
    1915's Antique Art Nouveau 14k ...
    $400
    ANTIQUE EDWARDIAN 9CT GOLD ART NOUVEAU PENDANT/CHAIN AQUAMARINE/SEED PEARL
    ANTIQUE EDWARDIAN 9CT GOLD ART NOUV...
    $100
    Antique Art Nouveau Repousse Sterling Silver Cini Beetle Brooch Pin
    Antique Art Nouveau Repousse Sterli...
    $57
    ANTIQUE ART NOUVEAU SILVER ENAMEL BLISTER PEARL CHARM LAVALIERE NECKLACE PENDANT
    ANTIQUE ART NOUVEAU SILVER ENAMEL B...
    $23
    logo
    1915's Antique Art Nouveau 14k Yellow Gold Diamond & Pearl 16" Necklace
    1915's Antique Art Nouveau 14k ...
    $400

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Beautiful!
      Certainly Arts and Crafts, hand made.
      Waiting for specialist attribution to a maker from construction and leaves shape!
    2. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks Kyra, so if I look for leave shapes I may be able to at least have a idea of the maker?
    3. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Check John Paul Cooper, found this one, but not same back construction...
    4. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Wow, that would be something. I'm going to look at John Paul Cooper. Your angel, Kyra, many thanks.
    5. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      I've been looking at some of his work, I have to say the leaves are very similar. I wonder if anybody else thinks the same.
    6. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Wait for Jewels1900, kiwipaul, and BelleEpoque opinions!
    7. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thanks Kyra,
    8. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks
      Kyra
      aghcollect
    9. BelleEpoque BelleEpoque, 6 years ago
      Congratulations on your new acquisition. I would say it is a Liberty design, I have a very similar necklace marked L and Co, that I hope to post soon, and a ring that has almost the exact same leafs which you can see here http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/116119-british-arts-and-crafts-floral-silver-an
    10. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks BelleEpoque, I've looked at your ring and yes very similar, it would be very nice, if it was a Liberty design. I look forward to seeing your necklace.
    11. kiwipaul kiwipaul, 6 years ago
      It certainly has the Liberty & Co. look. You did very well on that one. Now to find a nice sympathetic vintage silver chain. Congratulations!
    12. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you kiwipau, I was lucky with this one, as racer said in one of her posts, it fell into my lap, probably won't be so successful in looking for a chain.
    13. Manikin Manikin, 6 years ago
      Very nice I love it !! Nice buy :-)
    14. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks for your comment, Manikin. :-)
    15. Jewels1900 Jewels1900, 6 years ago
      Hi Jean. I saw this, forgot to bid! I think its Liberty. Nice buy.
    16. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Then I was lucky, I decided to look on ebay at that particular time and this beautiful pendant was staring me in the face, the rest is history.
    17. Jewels1900 Jewels1900, 6 years ago
      Sometimes you get lucky. My hubby is currently in Paris, then off to London. I'm expecting big things from him (especially since I'm at home looking after the bubba).
    18. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 6 years ago
      Beautiful!
    19. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Jewels1900, Well hopefully your hubby will be bringing you back some wonderful things from Paris and London. That is something to look forward to, hope you post them on your wall.
      Many thanks Elisabethan for lovely comment.
    20. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      I was wondering if anybody else has any other opinions about this pendant. I'll leave it up for one more day, if I have no more opinions It will become solved.
    21. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      racer
      DrFluffy
      Annelanders
      PhilDavidAlexanderMorris
      SEAN
    22. BelleEpoque BelleEpoque, 6 years ago
      Hi Peasejean! I just posted the necklace I mentioned before. Regards.
    23. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      I finally managed to track down a silver Art Nouveau chain in keeping with this pendant.
    24. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Perfect match :-)
    25. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks Kyra, it's very difficult to find these type of chains, I spent numerous hours online and then I finally found it. :-)
    26. vetraio50 vetraio50, 5 years ago
      HAPPY NEW YEAR PEASEJEAN !!!!!!
    27. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago