Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Printing Frames

In Cameras > Camera Accessories > Show & Tell.
Cameras1103 of 1297Two very old Revere movie cameras from the 1930's.Kodak box 620 with KdF logo
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago

(1 item)

we found these at a garage sale and thought they were different. we just found them again while cleaning and was going to use them for picture frames until we found the name Seneca patent December 22, 1908 and the second one has Blair Camera Company, Boston. the second one has a number dial on the back. i would like to know who i can talk to so that we can learn more about these. Thank you


  1. rniederman rniederman, 7 years ago
    Specifically, these are contact printing frames for negs on glass plates or film. Larger neg formats didn't require enlargers. Then again, enlargers were uncommon and using printing frames was inexpensive and efficient.

    To use, a glass plate is sandwiched against a piece of printing paper in a darkroom. If printig a film neg, then a piece of glass was needed to keep everything pressed together. It is then exposed to a light source and returned to the darkroom where the paper print was processed.

    Some models had a small counter as you note. This was a memory aid to keep track of the number of prints made from a single negative.

    These are quite common. Then again, they make really nifty frames for prints or whatever makes sense to hang on a wall. Enjoy!

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.