Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Found in an old tool chest????

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Recent comments128856 of 132347Bobby Orr Foil pictures from the 1976 eraOLD 5 GALLON CAN
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(28 items)

found these pieces in an old tool chest that I'm working on. Have no clue if they are part of a tool, a toy, they are a tool, or just whatever?
Appear to be hand made?
Any body have a clue?

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 7 years ago
    They look like they might have been gages for some thing.................just a wild guess..
  2. senor_trunk senor_trunk, 7 years ago
    well that does make sense , some type of measuring devices
  3. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 7 years ago
    You say these were from an old tool chest. I am guessing then, that it is a wooden tool chest. Since many of these were home made, I am guessing that these are spacers to fit around or isolate tools.

    also, looking at the first picture, if you take the piece on the left, pick it straight up and move it to the right of the otherpiece, will it "fit" or "nest" in the indentation on the other piece?
  4. senor_trunk senor_trunk, 7 years ago
    thanks that makes since too. Is picture 3 showing what you are asking me to do?
    Thanks for the comment
  5. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 7 years ago
    no... in first or second pic, just switch the two pieces, leaving them flat on the floor. then see if they will slide together...
  6. senor_trunk senor_trunk, 7 years ago
    if you leave them flat they dont fit together , however if you turn the piece on the right over then they do fit
    Just posted a 4th picture.Thanks

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.