Posted 7 years ago
- "The Spoils System" - by Carl Schurz (1829-1906)
- (An Address to the Civil Service Reform League)
- Copyright 1896 and published by Henry Altemus, Philadelphia
- From the: Altemus Belles-Lettres Series of Literature
- Handwritten inscription on header page - 1897
- Hardcover boards / no illustrations / 47 pages / very good condition
** Carl Schurz was a German revolutionary, American statesman and reformer, U.S. Minister to Spain, Union Army General in the American Civil War, U. S. Senator, and Secretary of the Interior. He was also a journalist, newspaper editor and orator, who in 1869 became the first German-born American elected to the United States Senate.