Silver Agate Pendant

In Fine Jewelry > Agate Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Agate Jewelry21 of 45Silver moss agate necklace Cameo brooch, green agate!

kyratangokyratango loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
shareurpassionshareurpassion loves this.
BelleEpoqueBelleEpoque loves this.
antiquesnowyantiquesnowy loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
Alan2310Alan2310 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
critchpicscritchpics loves this.

Peasejean55

When I first saw this pendant, to my eye it had a Gladys and Charles Mumford feel to it. But now I realise it isn't, I was surprised at the markings on the Pendant, there are three, one being a ladies head facing right, the next being 925 with what looks to me a w above it, and another right facing ladies head. The third being what appears to be the number 18. I was thinking it maybe Russian.
    It has a Art and Craft feel to it, with a oval shaped Agate which changes colour with the light. In the silver mount there is one small cornelian stone in a bezel mount, with decorative swirls and leaves. At the top, part of the decoration looks like the twists of a spring.
    Many thanks for looking

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Agate Jewelry
    Superb large antique Victorian c1890 sterling silver Scottish agate brooch pin
    Superb large antique Victorian c189...
    $47
    Good Antique Victorian Sterling Silver 925 Montrose Scottish Agate Sword Brooch
    Good Antique Victorian Sterling Sil...
    $9
    Antique Victorian Scottish Agate Bracelet c1860 Sterling Silver Engraved Padlock
    Antique Victorian Scottish Agate Br...
    $59
    A Nice Quality Antique Victorian 9ct Gold Scottish Red Agate Brooch #30264
    A Nice Quality Antique Victorian 9c...
    $16
    logo
    Superb large antique Victorian c1890 sterling silver Scottish agate brooch pin
    Superb large antique Victorian c189...
    $47

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Mystery solved :-)
      Your pendant is very well made, in same way than older.
      Polish make wonderful silver jewelry as your beautiful amber necklace, very A&C style.
      Found the hallmark there:
      1986 to now
    2. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you Kyra, do you think it looks a little like Gladys and Charles Mumford work, they made Jewellery in the 50s and 60s in the UK. I'm trying to find some of their pieces, there difficult to find :-(
    3. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      I didn't knew them... Had a look on their pieces and yes, look alike.
      Are you beginning a new collection ?
      Jewellery is so fun to collect!
      I'm currently waiting to receive the moonstone enamel brooch I posted, and rather excited about it!
    4. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      I get a real buzz out of Collecting, especially when I know there will be things waiting for me at my local post office, I got 6 things today, so I'm very happy. I'm trying to have a budget and keep to it. I always will Collect Bernard Instone, but I do like to look and buy other people's work, if I like it and the budget right I'll buy.
      Hope all goes well with your Moonstone and Enamel brooch. I currently have visitors, so will look for your brooch tomorrow :-)
    5. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 6 years ago
      So pretty! Love that design and color.
    6. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks shareurpassion, for your comment and love :-))
    7. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Many thanks
      critchpics
      Kyra
      aghcollect
      Alan
      mikelv
      antiquesnowy
      BelleEpoque
      Vetraio
      racer
    8. SEAN68 SEAN68, 6 years ago
      very very beautiful!!!!
    9. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you for your lovely comment and love SEAN
    10. NoraTheTreasureHuntress NoraTheTreasureHuntress, 6 years ago
      This is a sterling hallmark from Poland that was first used in 1986, thus it is likely not Gladys and Charles Mumford unless they were still making items after 1986. The stone is banded agate.
    11. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thanks NoraTheTreSursHunteress, for passing by and leaving your comment.
    12. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago