60's tin litho bird badges or "hey, ma - I bought a Gran Torino!"

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches1360 of 2197Cate Blanchett on Jimmy Kimmel 10.05.15 - Check out her fabulous brooch sweater!Unmarked Marquise and AB Rhinestone Brooch

Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.

valentino97

I love these 60's tin litho bird pins recently found online. I've posted some bugs too.

Sorry for this shameless excuse to share my purchase last week: Friday I bought a Gran Torino!

Why? --- the clunker car on my way home in various shades of bondo: red, grey, black. Wasn't there a cash for clunkers govt. drive a few years ago? Well, anyway I was stuck behind the old 70's car and the driver was tattooed - hunched over talking on his phone (because that's a ticket) in the carpool lane for a little while....hmm -was there a kid in the back? (another ticket?) and then off fwy and in front of me thru LBC on my way home after my crappy work day....and I thot "way to go Gran Torino" and somehow that encouraged me to buy this friend for Whitey Bulger an hr later (joke, crosstown is only about 45 min for 7 miles) when I finally got home. Whitey Bulger immediately showed his gangster side and beat (little) Gran Torino up. But just a few days later? happy and chewing on the cardboard badge mount display. Which, I quickly removed.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Sean for love.
    2. SEAN68 SEAN68, 4 years ago
      your very welcome valentino97!!
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Rose!
    4. fortapache fortapache, 4 years ago
      I would like to have birds but the cats would be going crazy. Hope to see the Gran Torino.
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Ha ha ha Fort! You never know you might see it driving around somewhere in those bondo shades kinda like my little GT above (well - minus the white). I love cats too but 2 bird cages in my apt. is enough and those seed husks....geez, constant sweeping!
    6. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 4 years ago
      You seriously bought a Gran Torino??? That was one of my all time favorite cars I had back in the 70's! Love to see that!

I just mentioned you in my last post. Check it out!
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      No sadly, just the little bondo colored bird. Sorry, it was a stream of conscious post. I saw the GT and the sassy man inside and he led me to the pet store (sorta) where I bought my GT.....
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks friends for the loves: Mike, Gudrun, and Moonstonelover! :)
    9. kyratango kyratango, 4 years ago
      Lol Valentino! I first believed you bought the car from the tatooed man !
      Great name for your new buddy, the white gangsta is going to love him too :-)
    10. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 4 years ago
      Walt Kowalski.... :)
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      yes Ted - "get me a beer dragon lady", Walt Kowalski.
    12. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 4 years ago
      One of my favorite movies!!!!! Sorry about taking so long to get back to you!
    13. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      I like that movie a lot too. Every movie Clint Eastwood makes I know I'll enjoy. BTW turns out my GT is a female. She laid and egg already since I bought her last month. I made them a nesting house out of a orange juice container and either it's real cold or she has more eggs. Don't want to get too close and spook them.
    14. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Mary your birds are beautiful. Let me guess - they thought the tin litho birds were real and started pecking at 'em!
    15. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
      Jenni - finches don't last as long as my parakeets sadly. These little guys aren't with me anymore. Usually the female died first, and I'd buy another one for the male....but after Gemma died this year I decided to buy a male instead...now I have Prince (Rogers Nelson) and Holy Jim. The finches are curious about anything in their cage and great lettuce eaters LOL.