CANE WITH DOG HEAD HANDLE

In Accessories > Canes and Walking Sticks > Show & Tell.
Canes and Walking Sticks43 of 108Vintage checkered derby gadget candVintage Antique Deer Face Wood Carved Walking Cane Stick

RattletrapRattletrap loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
GeodeJemGeodeJem likes this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
NiceficeNicefice loves this.

bobby725

Found this today and thought it was cool. Greyhound dog head handle, made of horn. Has one glass eye (wish he had both) brass collar and nice wooden shaft. Also there is a small white implant in the shaft with the initials-R.C.M. Thanks! Rob

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Canes and Walking Sticks
    Solid Rosewood Solid Wooden Walking Cane Stick without Handle Victorian Vintage
    Solid Rosewood Solid Wooden Walking...
    $20
    Antique Whimsical Hand Blown End of Day Art Glass Paperweight Walking Cane NR
    Antique Whimsical Hand Blown End of...
    $73
    Vintage Antique 1800 Authentic Irish Blackthorn Shillelagh Walking Stick Cane
    Vintage Antique 1800 Authentic Iris...
    $195
    Antique Old Walking Stick Cane Bone Carved Acorn Rope Oak Silver P
    Antique Old Walking Stick Cane Bone...
    $73
    logo
    Solid Rosewood Solid Wooden Walking Cane Stick without Handle Victorian Vintage
    Solid Rosewood Solid Wooden Walking...
    $20

Comments

1. Nicefice Nicefice, 4 years ago
      Cool Cane!!
    2. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks Nicefice for the comment and the love it!!
    3. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      I think these are always interesting! The head does look like bone, but difficult to tell in the photos. These sorts of walking sticks date from around the 1930s. R.C.M. was probably the owner. That implant could be a piece of ivory. You might be able to find a matching glass eye in a hobby shop or online.
    4. GeodeJem GeodeJem, 4 years ago
      Try a Teddy bears eye.
    5. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks Efesgirl and GeodJem for the info and the love its! I think the handle is made of some sort of plastic or bakelite because I noticed a round spot between the ears that looks different, unless it is a plug for the mounting screw? I added a new pic, see what you think. Thanks again, Rob
    6. Caperkid, 4 years ago
      Quite the snowzer on this doggie. Great walking stick.
    7. jscott0363 jscott0363, 4 years ago
      Rob, That is just too cool looking!! That's what I need to go with all of my antique top hats!
    8. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks Caperkid for the comment! He does have the nose!
    9. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      jscott, right now, I`d almost trade it for some bourbon! :-) Thanks for the love it!
    10. jscott0363 jscott0363, 4 years ago
      Well, I was in West Chester, OH for our corporate holiday luncheon. I could have tossed some Kentucky Bourbon up your way!!
    11. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      jscott, that would still be a h--l of a toss to the opposite corner of the state! but I bet I could catch it! Merry Christmas!!
    12. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks officialfuel for the love it!
    13. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks AnnaB, Trey and Peasjean55 for the love its!!
    14. kyratango kyratango, 4 years ago
      Superb walking stick :-D
      I think he head is carved from horn, the added piece is to close it where it was naturally hollow.
    15. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      I have a rather large Whippet and she has some schnoz on her, too! Every day there is different nose art on my picture window. She can't look up and down the road without wiping her wet nose on the glass. :-)

I agree with kyra. It does look like horn.
    16. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks kyratango for the info. and the love it! I think it`s horn too. Would be nice to replace the missing eye :-(
    17. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks Efesgirl for the comment! We have a Boston terrier and a black lab mix, when we go on trips the back windows are translucent at best!!
    18. bobby725 bobby725, 4 years ago
      Thanks for the love its!

AmatoorPikr

brunswick

and Zowie!
    19. bobby725 bobby725, 1 year ago
      Thanks collectables59 and hunterqlee for the love its!!