Posted 6 years ago
Electric streamline cathedral heater model 42B3 manufactured by Associated Industries in Los Angeles. I was unable to find any information about this company, but it is possibly related to a company of the same name that currently exists in Los Angeles and was founded in 1946. Heater is extremely dangerous. Element wire is openly exposed beneath and behind heater. Metal case gets incredibly hot and heat radiates to surface below heater with sufficient intensity to cause combustion. Asbestos based element board appears very fragile and is not securely attached to case due to poor design. It is easy to see why there are no other existing examples I have found.