Amethyst and sterling Mexican bracelet

In Fine Jewelry > Mexican Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Mexican Jewelry153 of 268Black onyx ring marked Tobias Mexico SterlingAbalone sterling Mexican earrings

TigraTigra loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
martikamartika loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
auraaura loves this.

valentino97

Bought this many years ago at the National City swap meet in San Diego, CA. It was broke - but seems to be an easy weld...which I still haven't done LOL. Approximately 1.25"x7,75". Flowing motifs like this started mid 30's. Amethyst is found in Mexico and used in beautiful designs from then until now. My guess is 1950's but I will continue my search to find out more.

Hope you enjoy and please comment, thanks all!

logo
    Mexican Jewelry
    Mexico Taxco Signed Sterling Silver Necklace & Bracelet Vintage Abalone 63.5g
    Mexico Taxco Signed Sterling Silver...
    $199
    Vintage Sterling Silver Clamp Cuff Bracelet Taxco Mexico by Alfredo Villasana
    Vintage Sterling Silver Clamp Cuff ...
    $99
    Old Taxco Sterling Silver Chain by Antonio Pineda
    Old Taxco Sterling Silver Chain by ...
    $39
    Sterling Silver "O" Link Necklace Mexico?  Taxco?   104g
    Sterling Silver "O" Link Ne...
    $32
    logo
    Mexico Taxco Signed Sterling Silver Necklace & Bracelet Vintage Abalone 63.5g
    Mexico Taxco Signed Sterling Silver...
    $199

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      Gorgeous....!!! I love this kind of jewelry.
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Bonnie - you mean bracelets or the flowing design? I tend to like straight line deco motifs best, or anything ethnic. I love all things that look handmade too.

Thanks aura for your fast love.
    3. freiheit freiheit, 5 years ago
      I love Mexican pieces and I love Amethyst. This one has both. Wonderful!
    4. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      Oh my!!! I´m lost for Words, I love it!
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks for the nice Words Elisabeth! I guess I should get it welded back together so I can wear it. :)
    6. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      It is beautiful Val. I love amethysts and this almost nouveau style looks beautiful with the cabachons.
      Spoil yourself as much as possible and get better soon - uphill from here, not downhill please!
    7. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Poor Valentino, you're suffering while we are enjoying your posts...
      Take care my friend!
      Beautiful bracelet, would be an easy fix, it well deserve to be wearable again :-)

XOXO
    8. Gruff Gruff, 5 years ago
      Hope you're feeling better I love love this jewelry
      Probably a stupid question but is Mexican silver the same as regular silver
    9. freiheit freiheit, 5 years ago
      Mary, I hope you are feeling better today. I am working with children and we have something going around too. And the bad thing is, you cannot tell them: Stay 10 meters back! So I am keeping my fingers crossed. One of my daughters is in Martinique and they have Zika there. I hope she can stay clear of that one!

The other day I came across a great bracelet and it was broken like yours. I regret so much that I didn't get it because it could have been fixed:(
      Well, next time...
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      First - thanks to all for get well wishes. I stayed home with this 3 days! Finally can sit up, and attack the migraine with a cup of coffee.

Thanks Karen, it does look a little art nouveau.

Thanks Kyra - yes it is such an easy fix!

Thanks Gruff - no difference in quality from regular sterling unless they have marked it fraudulently. Mexican silversmiths have a very good reputation. In fact some decorative items were commissioned by Tiffany (who then put their own mark on it)

Thanks Gudrun. I didn't pay too much money for this!

Thanks friends for the loves.
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      And thanks Ken - it is pretty and a nice dramatic size.
    12. Emme Emme, 5 years ago
      Amethyst was popular during the art nouveau period. The "silver" stamp on the back could give some indication of the time it was made.
    13. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 5 years ago
      Oh I missed this when first posted, I suppose by now you're feeling better, I hope!

And what a lovely silver and amethyst bracelet, I know that swap meet, south of my hometown of San Diego, they say the Spring Valley one is bigger and better. Nice get, Val! :)
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Hi Katherine - yes, I'm much better but the cough seems to linger. That swap meet was VERY good for fabric shopping. We used to go once a month or so and throw ourselves into the fabric piles to find a yard or more of fab Fabric, which mainly came across the border from TJ clothes factories. I am not sure is Spring Valley same as Sweetwater? We loved Sweetwater swap - and Kobey's of course. Have you been away from San Diego for long or still live there? I moved in 1999 to LA County. I'm very happy here but some of my smaller swap meets are gone. I like Veterans and the Rose Bowl, but those are too much for me. I go once or twice a yr. at most.

Hi Emme - yes you're right about the silver mark and popularity of amethyst. I'm leaning 1930's-mid 50's. Thank you!

Thanks friends for the loves.
    15. BelleEpoque BelleEpoque, 5 years ago
      Looks vintage to me! Beautiful!!
    16. laniebogs laniebogs, 5 years ago
      Beautiful bracelet. I love vintage Mexican silver.
    17. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Hi BelleEpoque - yes, I am sure it is vintage - maybe in the Fred Davis style. He had a store and mentored wonderful Mexican silversmiths 1930's-50's.

Thank you laniebogs - I love Vintage Mexican silver too! There are so many great items out there. Sadly so many unsigned.

Thank you friends for the love of this - appreciate your interest!