Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Some kind of grater!

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
AmatoorPikr's loves1082 of 1741Texaco Marine Oil CanSilver and Marcacite Lobster Pin
Love it
Like it

blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
AmatoorPikrAmatoorPikr loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 3 years ago

    (8 items)

    The removable cap has raised holes like a grater and there's another piece inside with more holes. But the space between the "grater" and the apparent "press" is solid. Is the press just a way to attach this to something stable while in the process of using it as a grater?

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. AzTom AzTom, 3 years ago
      Looks like a press for patching tubes, but really can't see it all. Try using the flash or take the photos outside in the daylight. Also would be helpful to rest the camera on something so it isn't moving.
    2. slackjack, 3 years ago
      Inner tube vulcanizer for applying patches. Early 20th century.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.