Art and craft silver and Pink stone Pendant

In Fine Jewelry > Arts and Crafts Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Arts and Crafts Jewelry185 of 315This is a Rhoda Wager Boulder Opal Ring - mystery solved by jewels1900 and kiwipaulColorful Arts and Crafts sterling and enamel pendant.

freiheitfreiheit loves this.
melaniejmelaniej loves this.
auraaura loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.
GillianGillian loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.

Peasejean55

When I bought this it was in a terrible mess. The silver cage had been glued onto the pink faceted stone, the stone had a slight nibble, it was in a sorrowful state, but I saw it had potential so I bought it. A friend of mine got to work on it, he took the glue off, which took him ages then he polished out the nibble. He got to work with putting the silver cage (which has sterling on the side) back onto the stone, putting a silver rod through, you can see the marvellous work he has done, now it's as it should be.
    I'm not sure of the stone, it's probably glass, it's a beautiful pink colour. The silver cage as acorns, leaves and berries it has been very well made, its a beauty of a pendant. Now I would like to put a name to it, it could be Amy Sandheim, even Bernard Instone or several other makers.
    Many thanks for looking

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Arts and Crafts Jewelry
    Signed Link And Angell 14K Gold Enamel Pearl Arts Crafts Nouveau c1915 Stick Pin
    Signed Link And Angell 14K Gold Ena...
    $118
    Huge Jewelry Lot 10 Pounds Vintage Now Junk Arts Crafts Harvest Wear Resell DIY
    Huge Jewelry Lot 10 Pounds Vintage ...
    $117
    Vtg 1930s Art Deco Arts & Crafts Sterling Silver Rose Gold Citrine Necklace
    Vtg 1930s Art Deco Arts & Crafts St...
    $435
    Ortak Mackintosh Silver 925 Necklace Pendant & Earring Set Boxed 34030 CP
    Ortak Mackintosh Silver 925 Necklac...
    $14
    logo
    Signed Link And Angell 14K Gold Ena...
    $118

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 6 years ago
      Fabulous......

:-)))))
    2. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you Bonnie, it really is a beauty.
    3. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 6 years ago
      Gorgeous, Peasejean! How did your friend get the nibble out of the stone?
    4. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thanks katherinescollections, it was a scratch rather than a nibble it was on one of the facets so they polished it out, I'm so please with his work. He is trying to start making his own jewellery, so if I have a problem with one of my pieces he sorts it out for me, it's a learning curve for him.
    5. SEAN68 SEAN68, 6 years ago
      stunning!!
    6. NevadaBlades, 6 years ago
      Truly, a work of art. [;>)
    7. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you both to SEAN and NevadaBlades, it's always great to have wonderful comments :-)
    8. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Leaves, acorn and berries, fantastic pendant!
      And your friend did a super restore!
    9. racer4four racer4four, 6 years ago
      Truly lovely piece, beautifully done. Congratulations to you both!
    10. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Hi Karen, thanks for your comment, hes certainly done a wonderful job. At the moment he is changing a small art and craft brooch into a ring. The brooch has a look of Bernard Instones work. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    11. Agram.m Agram.m, 6 years ago
      A Beauty ! I like the color combination of this silver and pink.
    12. Agram.m Agram.m, 6 years ago
      Your friend has chosen a wonderful creative profession where you, as a collector, of course, can have a lot of fun. I wish him and you every success!
    13. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you Agram.m. I do look out for broken or restoration pieces, he restores them, it gives him ideas and I get my items restored, it works both ways :-)
    14. kiwipaul kiwipaul, 6 years ago
      Great job, and great to have access to someone who can polish out a scratch in a stone etc, hang on to him!

Don't think it will be Amy Sandheim as I've never seen a piece of her stamped Sterling (or an other stamp).

Lovely colour, maybe take it to a lab and get the stone tested?
    15. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Oh Paul, the last stone I had tested it was a synthetic Sapphire, lol do you remember it cost a small fortune to test. Do you have any ideas on the stone?
    16. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      The only other person I know who stamped sterling is Bernard Instone
    17. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Hi kyra, sorry I didnt reply to your comment, but thanks very much, it's much appreciated
    18. kiwipaul kiwipaul, 6 years ago
      Hi Jean, too hard to tell what the stone is from a pic. My local gem lab does stone ID's for $25 and I use them all the time, sometimes the news is great, other times not so good. Maybe you could shop around and see if these is another lab/valuer who will give you a more realistic rate.
    19. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thanks Paul, I'll look for other Labs, I might be able to find one in Spain.
    20. BelleEpoque BelleEpoque, 6 years ago
      Love it! <3
    21. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Thank you for your comment BellaEpoque, it's much appreciated.
    22. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      Yesterday I took this pendant to my local antique jeweller. The stone is glass which I expected, he also seems to think it is American because the pendant is only marked sterling, which was interesting, I didn't know this, I would be interested if other people agree with him.
    23. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 6 years ago
      AmatoorPikr
      BellaEpoque
      Neima
      brunswick
      glassiegirl
    24. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      That's what I was thinking, but the jeweller I took the pendant too, said in is opinion it was American because it was only marked Sterling. Saying that he'd never heard of Betnard Instone, so I'll say no more.
    25. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Hi Nicefice, thank you for your lovely comment.
    26. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Many thanks
      LOUMANAL
      Caperkid
      SEAN
      Nicefice
    27. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 3 years ago
      This scarf ring as the same acorns as this Pendant, so I'm now siding with this Pendant could be Bernard Instone