Mixed metal Mexico sterling rings circa 1950's or 60's

In Fine Jewelry > Mexican Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Mexican Jewelry152 of 274Mexican sterling bracelet w/composite stones circa 1950's-60's?Vintage Taxco Sterling Clamper Bracelet

Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.
auraaura loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
lisalisa loves this.

valentino97

2 favorite funky Mexico rings found in San Diego long ago. These rings are most likely early 60's, marked: APB Mexico w/2 in circle on band on the abstract ring and 925 RA on the face ring. Nice size 6.5 and 7. I wear them often.

The abstract ring has a metal mix of copper and brass w/turquoise composite inlay and the face also copper and brass w/darker stones - might be dyed or the glue to hold it all together was dyed. Altho I love the face better I think the abstract is worth more.

Am awaiting a mixed metal w/composite bracelet just purchased online and will post as soon as it arrives. I hope it is the same era as these. Fingers crossed. That would be abstract and face crossed - with a LOL and thanks friends for looking/commenting.

logo
    Mexican Jewelry
    Sugar Skull Head Pendant Virgin Mary Men Necklace Gift Mexican Day of the Dead
    Sugar Skull Head Pendant Virgin Mar...
    $12
    14K Yellow Gold 15 MM COIN RING with a 22K MEXICAN DOS PESOS Coin
    14K Yellow Gold 15 MM COIN RING wit...
    $710
    MAYAN PYRAMID Charm Mexico Mexican Aztec Pendant Travel STERLING SILVER 925 .925
    MAYAN PYRAMID Charm Mexico Mexican ...
    $20
    Mexican Classic GOLDEN EAGLE Coin Pendant on a 28" .925 Silver Snake Chain
    Mexican Classic GOLDEN EAGLE Coin P...
    $59
    logo
    Sugar Skull Head Pendant Virgin Mary Men Necklace Gift Mexican Day of the Dead
    Sugar Skull Head Pendant Virgin Mar...
    $12

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Ken. A lot of times these items have gouges, chips lost...so they aren't valued. They fall in between best old Zuni inlay chip and 1970's macaroni tourist-market Native American (real or knockoffs). I know both of these rings are the good stuff. Thanks for your love and comment.
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Lisa for the love.
    3. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      Those rings are great!
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Bonnie - I'm always looking for more rings like these. I see lots of pins but I like the rings best.

Thanks Caperkid for love.
    5. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Great rings Valentino. I adore graphic jewellery like this - I can imagine they attract a lot of comments.
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thank you Karen for your comment. I rarely get comments from my jewelry unless I wear a LOT of items all at once....then I hear "wow, you have a lot cool stuff". That's okay and true! I wear these rings with thin copper and silver bangles or other sterling bangles.
    7. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Great, great design! Love them as much as you do :-D
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Kyra for your nice comment. Take a look at American Elle June edition for the wonderful rhinestone and real pin fashion spread. You'll love it too. They did a great job.

Karen - I shouldn't say rarely - depends where I am. When I wear my bakelite or 50's copper out clubbing or at antique/junk/swapmeets - yes, lots of comments.
    9. Newtimes Newtimes, 5 years ago
      Oh the face is geogeous! Like the other one also
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Newtimes for your comment. I didn't post these for a long time because I was watching some online -they ended up too expensive for me. But I think my favorite Mexican mixed metals are these 2 items: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/182192-mayan-serpent-taxco-sterling-copper-and-brass

and this bracelet: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/82645-mexican-wave-chip-bracelet-and-earrings

It didn't get many loves but it is better quality than my recent composite purchase. Whatever! The problem with composite stones is they often get chipped so they have a bad rep.
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      You get a lot of Love from me!! They are wonderful in that unique mexican vintage jewelry way!!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks my friend for all your love! XOXO
    13. Robertmorillo, 2 years ago
      Hello are you interested in selling these rings? MorilloRobert@gmail.com
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Sorry I don't sell and couldn't help you Robert. Your ring was really gorgeous, better than these. I'll keep an eyes open.
    15. Robertmorillo, 2 years ago
      Thank you I really appreciate it.
    16. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Thomas, thank you so much! You are a sweetheart!
    17. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Thomas, I'm telling everyone!