chinese floral lidded dish

In Asian > Chinese Pottery > Show & Tell.
Chinese Pottery275 of 334Amazing new find! Beautiful Antique Dragon (export?) Chinese pot with lidPorcelain Chinese 23 inches vase hand painted

TreyTrey loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
NiceficeNicefice loves this.
WindwalkerWindwalker loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.
auraaura loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.

getthatmon…

found this piece in a small village on an estate sale of an old woman. it has been in one of 20 banana boxes i bought and it was wrapped in an old newspaper from 1978...
actually that don't mean anything... beside that it seems it has been in that banana box since 1978?
it says made while the qianlong period, which would be great but I don*t think that i'm that lucky.... i will ask a friendly man i know, who just made round about a million with chinese antiques in an auction... stunning stuff he owns

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 2 years ago
    An observation: I see that both ends are marked, which leads me to believe that these are two separate dishes rather than a covered dish.
  2. NevadaBlades, 2 years ago
    We're much more familiar with Japanese ceramics, but we think Bonnie's observation is more than likely correct. Nice pieces you have here. Great find. [;>)
  3. getthatmonkeyoutofme getthatmonkeyoutofme, 2 years ago
    i don't know for sure but i think it's normal that both ends are marked...
  4. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 2 years ago
    I see what you mean. It just looks peculiar to me.
  5. getthatmonkeyoutofme getthatmonkeyoutofme, 2 years ago
    efesgirl, to me as well at first sight i have to admit
  6. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 2 years ago
    I say that because the smaller bowl has discoloration on the rim edge, which make me think it was also sat on a table.
  7. NevadaBlades, 2 years ago
    A first for us, too! [;>)