Mom's 1940's Austrian Silver Collar Styled Necklace & Earrings

In Fine Jewelry > Art Deco Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Sterling Silver Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Jewelry93 of 420Unusual Coober Pedy Cat's Eye Crystal Opal in Art Deco 14k WG & Diamond RingDorrie Nossiter Necklace

Gaga_galoreGaga_galore loves this.
auraaura loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
avuaavua loves this.

avua

I love love love this set from my Mommy! She was nearing 17 yrs old in 1946 when this photo was taken. She was a War Bride & married a young American Warrant Officer just prior to this. I've had the silver tested at 800 and my Omi{granny} said that the beautiful "choker" and earrings had been past down to her as a gift from an aunt...As I am only 1st generation American, I try to keep a strong connection with my Austrian family and their eventful history....Thanks for viewing my pieces and allowing me to share my special loves and other collections with some fabulous people here.

logo
    Art Deco Jewelry
    Antique 2.00Ct White Round Art Deco Engagement Ring In Solid 925 Sterling Silver
    Antique 2.00Ct White Round Art Deco...
    $88
    GENUINE SKY BLUE TOPAZ ART DECO ANTIQUE STYLE 925 STERLING SILVER RING,     #882
    GENUINE SKY BLUE TOPAZ ART DECO ANT...
    $32
    1.53ct Old Euro Diamond Mens Ring White Yellow 14k Gold Art Deco Unisex Sz 6.5
    1.53ct Old Euro Diamond Mens Ring W...
    $2,200
    3ctw Fine White Old Euro Diamond Ring Platinum Filigree Art Deco Antique Stunner
    3ctw Fine White Old Euro Diamond Ri...
    $1,550
    logo
    Antique 2.00Ct White Round Art Deco...
    $88

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      Simply gorgeous!! I love this kind of jewelry. Thanks for posting it!
    2. pops52 pops52, 5 years ago
      Wow! really nice!
    3. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 5 years ago
      Love the photo and jewellery together, beautiful !~
    4. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 5 years ago
      Wonderful jewellery, photo and history......lovely to see, thank you.
    5. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 years ago
      Superb Post !! Great to have the photo and the piece together, and THANKS for sharing!!!
    6. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Such a great post, beautiful set, Mom's pic wearing it, and family heirloom...
      Thank you for sharing these beauties :-)
    7. avua avua, 5 years ago
      Thank you so much for the love n' wonderful comments Efesgirl, pops52, PhilDMorrris, TassieDevil, Antiquerose, and kyatango !!!!!!

8. avua avua, 5 years ago
      Thank You so much for the Love <3 , VintageMisc, fortapache, vetraio50, rucklczglass, nutsabotas6, aura, & Caperkid!!!!!
    9. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Beautiful necklace, it's lovely to hear the history behind it.
    10. mareredware mareredware, 5 years ago
      The value of the collection multiplies if the item belonged to a loved one and has a story attached! I have things I've purchased that I'm very fond of. But my priceless collections were passed down through my family! Thank you! Lovely photo, jewelry and story!
    11. Rick55 Rick55, 5 years ago
      What a beautiful set and wonderful story Avua! Thanks for sharing!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Really wonderful and seeing your Mama wearing it too.
    13. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      Wonderful jewelry and post!
    14. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 years ago
      Gorgeous set and your mom was very beautiful. I would love to colour that picture of her !~
    15. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 3 years ago
      You mom and mine would have been same age and same history as a bride marrying a just-returned young military officer. What an exciting yet fearsome time they began they adult lives in. I’m so glad you have the photos of her to go along with the jewelry! She was a beautiful young lady!
      I hope you have photos of yourself, as well, wearing the jewelry so there’s that record as you continue to pass it down. :-)