Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Antique huge tall boy dresser

In Furniture > Dressers > Show & Tell.
Dressers187 of 553Men's chest drawers garage sale finddresser
Love it
Like it

auraaura loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 2 years ago

(105 items)

Hi,I just bought this huge tall boy dresser at estate sale
And would love it if any one could tell me any info about this dresser
Like when it may have been made and what style and what wood
I beleve it to be from the 1840's possibly mahogany wood with inlay there are two small drewers on top and 3 lower but the three lower drewers each get deeper with the bottom drewer being the deepest
This dresser is huge measures about 5ft tall by 4ft wide I thought this dresser was a great bargain at only $40 and also for being in such great condition for it' age thanks for reading hope you in joyed.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Gillian, 2 years ago
    I just did a google image search on '1840's mahogany tallboy'. You will see that there are much, much large tallboys than yours. Anyway, it will give you an idea about the style and colour of the wood. Yours has a very nice grain, and a lovely colour.

    Any chance of getting a photo of the inside and outside of one of the drawers, as well as the back of the dresser? I especially like the two smaller drawers at the top. I would love to have this piece of furniture in my home.
  2. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    I wouldn't call it a "tallboy"-- appears to just a be a dresser.

    Some additional photos would be useful. Try and take some images of the drawer joints and back. Also the focus is off on your posted photos-- try and add some light to get some better/ clear images of the front as well.

    I'd be happy to provide some additional thoughts-- give me a heads up once you have the photos posted.

  3. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    The term that I think you were looking for is "Highboy"-- wouldn't consider it to be one.


Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.